Model Cars Magazine Forum

PRO XTREME CAMARO

baddgass

001-41.jpg

Oh Boy!!! She's Lookin' SWEEEEET, Derrick! Lovin' the color on the frame. :wub:

After looking at that pic, I can't seem to get this song outta my head now... Goes a little somethin' like this:

"On the day I was born,, The nurses all gathered 'round,, And they gazed in wide wonder,, At the joy they had found..... Duh-Nunnuh-Duh-Nuh..."

Keep up the GREAT work! This baby is definitely BAD TO THE BONE!! B)

Edited by Wayne Buck

Thank guys for looking in.

Here some pics. of the frame and engine in paint. Still some touch up work to do.

001-41.jpg

Derrick, this pic right here looks like the frame is sitting in a garage and someone is working on putting the rear end together. Very nice job on putting this together, the color on the frame looks great!

I don't think you want to know how much I have spent on all of the hardware that I have... :lol: sad thing is i am going to be orering some more tonight or tomorrow. I ran out of a few sizes while getting the new engine all drilled up for them.

Derrick...sorry to hijack your thread for a sec

Nothing to be sorry for, all good info. for all, thanks. Just got back from the NNL in ohio, fun fun fun. My wife and i had the pleasure of meeting dave ( comp 1839 ) and his beautiful wife christ- And seeing all of his awesome work up close in personnal.

derrick teach me lol awesome looks so real

Teach you! i need help lol Thanks tho for looking in.

Looking pretty cool Derrick! By chance have you checked to make sure it will still fit between the frame rails? A lot of great detail, I would hate for you to take all that time and find out you will have to redo it. I really like that Aluminum line you bent, that looks sweet!

Check and double check, but thanks for looking out.

Still working the bug out of the dry sump sys.

006-68.jpg

005-75.jpg

004-85.jpg

003-89.jpg

So hopefully someone can help me out here, and Derrick I see you have your valve covers mounted to the heads. I have been trying to figure out which way is the correct way to mount the heads up. To me, when I was looking at the heads and valve covers and I see Derrick has them mounted this was as well. The heads and Intake seem to fit and line up with the Intake for the blower. But...doesn't this mean the heads are upside down based on the taper on the Valve Covers? Should the heads with the taper go towards the top to match the valve covers?

I have been looking all over the NET trying to figure this 10 Million Dollar question out. i am puzzled.

Edited by eviltwincustoms

• 1 month later...

Well guys, been on a nice long vacation with my lovely wife, Came home and my computer blowed up!!!!! The guy fixing it jack it up! That why i haven't been on line. So after a mo. and ahalf. I broke out the 1980 Gateway with pong on it. LOL But got so work done.

derrickspic003.jpg

derrickspic004.jpg

derrickspic005.jpg

Derrick, can I ask what material you used to make the drivebelt in front of the engine ?

The belts on the blower apear small tie raps ?

Thanks for answering.

Mark

P.S. I love the build. It's outstanding work and a great eye for detail.

The belt came from a die cast car.