Model Cars Magazine Forum

PRO XTREME CAMARO

baddgass

Thanks

Got the engine in paint and trying to pick a top hat.

Derrick, you know me......after putting the time into modifying the 3-hole into a shotgun.....I'd go with that. ;)

Looks awesome man, and I think both would suit equally, but I made my choice.... :D :lol:

Derrick, you know me......after putting the time into modifying the 3-hole into a shotgun.....I'd go with that. ;)

Looks awesome man, and I think both would suit equally, but I made my choice.... :D :lol:

Me Greg it's the shotgun, all who have seen it, say the same thing ( THE SHOTGUN ) so that's that! Thanks Brother. B)

Derrick... you are doing an outstanding job on this. Wow that thing just looks awesome. Getting some color on the frame sure makes it pop. I really like the color of the chassis. What did you end up spraying it with if you don't mine me asking? engine is off to a great start too. man this build is just awesome!

Derrick... you are doing an outstanding job on this. Wow that thing just looks awesome. Getting some color on the frame sure makes it pop. I really like the color of the chassis. What did you end up spraying it with if you don't mine me asking? engine is off to a great start too. man this build is just awesome!

Chris thanks brother, the color is TAMIYA METALLIC GREY XF-56

The fun continues, I am in awe of that frame.

Thanks DOC.

Very nice work what size nuts and bolts did you use on the rear end assembly?

Most use Scale Hardware 00-90 which are US threads. I called the guy today and he told me he is moving towards Metric threaded bolts and will be phasing these out. So my suggestion would be to go with the 1.2mm Hex bolt. It is the same bolt diameter and head size. Only difference is the 1.2mm has a little thinner head and shorter length which isn't needed.

Most use Scale Hardware 00-90 which are US threads. I called the guy today and he told me he is moving towards Metric threaded bolts and will be phasing these out. So my suggestion would be to go with the 1.2mm Hex bolt. It is the same bolt diameter and head size. Only difference is the 1.2mm has a little thinner head and shorter length which isn't needed.

Also I have to add that Scale Hardware has added more sizes since I started buying nuts and bolts from them at the beginning of this year. Bob is a great guy to do business with.

Also I have to add that Scale Hardware has added more sizes since I started buying nuts and bolts from them at the beginning of this year. Bob is a great guy to do business with.

Chris, I think you own stock in Scale Hardware... with all the detail work you have been doing lately on your dragster!

Chris, I think you own stock in Scale Hardware... with all the detail work you have been doing lately on your dragster!

I don't think you want to know how much I have spent on all of the hardware that I have... :lol: sad thing is i am going to be orering some more tonight or tomorrow. I ran out of a few sizes while getting the new engine all drilled up for them.

Derrick...sorry to hijack your thread for a sec