Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International LoneStar

Ok, one thing I'm curious about after looking through Kurt's album (GREAT pics by the way!) is the Qualcomm dish on the built one. Is that included in the kit?? ;)

The Qualcomm dish...is not included. A "button" was used to replicate one.

Thats not fair!!! Pictures up now please!!!

Dodn't forget to show also the decals. Could you please tell me if the fuel tanks are one unit or splited in two halfs?

Can't wait longer, can't wait longer.

Kostas.

I council patience as I am trying to build the darn thing.

The decals and the instruction BOOK have been photographed extensively and the fuel tanks are split in two halves but I don't think you'll be able to see the split.

Ok so I do have a question about this kit if someone in here will be able to answer.

I am wondering about the general fitment of the parts on this kit. For example we have all built a kit from AMT Ertl and well the general quality kinda sucks to say the least compared to an Italeri or revell product, so if soemone has an idea on that it would be greatly appreciated, and I cant wait until this kit goes on sale because it looks like a really fun build.

James

Ok so I do have a question about this kit if someone in here will be able to answer.

I am wondering about the general fitment of the parts on this kit. For example we have all built a kit from AMT Ertl and well the general quality kinda sucks to say the least compared to an Italeri or revell product, so if soemone has an idea on that it would be greatly appreciated, and I cant wait until this kit goes on sale because it looks like a really fun build.

James

Good question. Short answer - It's easier to build and with better fit than any other heavy truck kt I've ever built and I've tried at least one from everyone (AMT, Revell, Revell AG and Italeri).

NOTHING sucks on this kit. NOTHING.

Those items on the spur you posted are not the final product that will offered in the production kits. They cleaned up the seams on the air cleaners and fuel tanks.

The Lonestar kit that John has shown here is as the kit will be produced. The aircleaner assemblies were modified to be 3-piece assembly, with the top part being one piece, the lower aircleaner bodies still being 2-pc (they have to be, given the amount of raised detail on them).

What really distinguishes this kit from the test shot kits previously shown (and the one at NNL-East that was built) is that all the fine engraved details have been added--that work is seldom ever done until after a test shot has been approved.

I recieved this kit from Dave Metzner about 3 weeks or so ago, the package was assembled in his home/office from bulk supplies of sprues, along with the decal sheet, instruction booklet, and a sample of the kit box.

Art