• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Friday, November 24th starting 8 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Competition Rock Crawler kitbash... pics

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I got another project in the mix... I must have MBADD (model builder attention deficit disorder)

ANYHEW, been wanting to do this for along time, turning out to be pretty big, looks like I'll have to make a smaller 4cyl version later...

crawler.jpg

*UPDATE* So I have had this sitting for quite some time, thanks for reminding me about it. It will make it back to the bench this week...

11.jpg

Edited by steamboy

Posted

Where did you get this from??Looking nice.What scale??

Posted

Looks great Clint.

BTW- Jake makes an Atlas 2 t-case in resin.

Going 4 link all the way?

Doug R

Posted

Love the tube work...Very nicely done!!!

Posted

What are we going to do with you, young man?

Posted

Looks great so far.

Posted

Thanks guys, I'll have to check out Jake's Atlas, haven't been on the DRM forum much lately... Its getting there, got most of the fab work done tonight, four links are done, all that is left is 4 scratch built shocks, exhaust and driveshafts...

Posted

Looking good man. I am glad to see another person building a offroad vehicle. Can't wait to see more.

Jake

Posted

looking shweet, the monster truck roll cages have unlimited possibilities!

Posted (edited)

Old post, I know.. but I'm curious what happened to this. Any more pics of build progress?

Gave me the idea to pull down the 1/25 AMT/ERTL "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" 'Monster Jam' monster truck.. A couple quick clips of the roll-cage and it's already taking a rock-crawler form.

2177284466_230704c937_b.jpg

Scroll through the other views/angles: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpl3k/2177284466/

-Jonathan

Edited by Jpl3k

Posted

Looks like lots of us DRM members think it's cool!

Both of them Clint, doing some nice stuff there.

Richard

Posted

Thanks Jpl3k

I'm planning a large write-up of this for a web article or to submit to the mags...if I get it done...

Posted

Clint: Great, I'm watching with interest. Hope to see more pics soon. :blink: I completely credit you for giving me a reason to pull down that ridiculous TMNT monster truck and put some use to it! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpl3k/2179741224/

I'm thinking about adapting the '99 Chevy Silverado engine, trans, etc to fit into it (if possible). Don't think I'll be using the monster gas tank for this; too dang big.

-Jonathan