Model Cars Magazine Forum

hello truck lovers. i am a new member here. i have looked at the forums for a long time before joining. i recently purchased an old movin on kenworth off e-bay. i built one 30 years ago as a teenager. but the tires are in halves and i would like to find a modern set for it if any one can help me out. i have a 3 axle pete wrecker on the work bench as several others. i build cars and big rigs. things sure have changed in 30 years as to painting and detailing and stuff. any help would be appreciated . i havent been back in this long enough to have anything to trade but i am willing to pay. thanks Jeff

Jeff

If you must keep the two-piece tires, they will look okay if you sand the tread after gluing them. Otherwise, the best tires to find are the mid 70's AMT GoodYears that are the originals to the too-skinny ones molded in todays AMT kits (correct size). Otherwise, the tires in the AMT/Ertl (MPC) tri-axle gravel trailer are the best that AMT/Ertl ever offered.

Tim