Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Catalina Lowrider

justin2020

This is a simple lowrider build that I am doing for a year long build contest. It is a AMT kit with Pegasus wheels and Tamiya Gold with Clear Orange over it. I have also began to Chrome almost everything that I can. I am still caught up on what to do with the engine. Should I chrome it or build it up normal??? Please pass along any words of wisdom.

P1050279.jpg

It will have a white top to really set the body color off. Plus BMF everywhere!!!!

P1050278.jpg

Here is some of the Chrome work.

P1050277.jpg

Here is the underbody wheel choice and interior.

P1050274.jpg

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing! If you want flasy, go with a gold block and chrome tin for the engine. For the gold you could use the same color as the chassis or, better yet, use metalizer for that anodized look. :)

I'm not a big low rider fan, but if you're going over the top, might as well go all the way!

David G.

Here is a update on my Catalina. Got the Gold and Clear Orange on the car. Going to let it gas out for a day or two then wet sand then clear and polish it till it shines like a diamond. Still need to add BMF and do some other stuff. Still working on the engine and the rest of the chrome stuff. I have not decided if I want to have it in the weeds or riding high. Any thoughts on that?

P1050280.jpg

P1050281.jpg

P1050282.jpg

P1050283.jpg

Thanks for looking.

GREAT JOB! I like the idea of gold and chrome, this is truly amazing show car. I like that chassis, it looks just good with those color combos. Body looks good too, paintjob is great and interior looks nice too. Keep it going, this one will be simply amazing, when it gets finished. Great work with it! B)

I think I'm going to stop showing my builds on the forum........ this is embarassing! Incredible work and detailing. Especially that engine compartment, and the interior, and the paint, and the......... I am in awe!

Is that really (really!) BMF or Alcad?

Tony

I think I'm going to stop showing my builds on the forum........ this is embarassing! Incredible work and detailing. Especially that engine compartment, and the interior, and the paint, and the......... I am in awe!

Is that really (really!) BMF or Alcad?

Thanks all for the comments. I have used a full bottle of Alcald on this and I am still not done. Really need to get a bottle. Thanks again

Tony

Thank you all for the kind words. I am getting closer to wrapping this up every day. I tried a lot of new things tonight and I think they came out pretty good. I used and finished my first distributor, a steel braided heater hose with K&N fittings. I alos looked up the firing order for the 62 Catalina and wired it up that way. I think I got it right. If not at least I tried. Anyway here are a few more pictures.

P1050300.jpg

P1050302.jpg

P1050301.jpg

P1050299.jpg

Wait while I POP my eyes back in. This build is beautiful. All those details are paying off. The interior is one of the better interiors I've seen in a while. Love it. Take your CRANKY VITAMINS and get this beauty finished. More, more, more . . .