Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #164 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Hmm. Toughest one yet. Like Master Modeller, I don't see spark plug wires, and I would think that throttle linkage would be more visible. There's not a lot of differentiation in the chrome and other metal finishes – most of the stacks I see that are intended to look like chrome are shinier. Looks like there's a vertical seam up the side of the front tank, and the hoses look unnaturally crimped. I've seen front spoked wheels like these on the model aftermarket. But the vented windshield certainly looks real, as does the steering linkage, and the perforations in the axle and sun visor look perfect. The tire treads also look very real.

Therefore, beats the heck out of me.

Edited by sjordan2

I do see the spark plug wires but the front tires look like they have been sanded. I have some of those little tires that look like these. The front 12 spokes come in the AMT '56 Ford kit. The grease zerks in the front hinges could be the strait pin hinges. I think this is a model possibly of the Monogram 30 Ford coupe with body modifications. Model. Patrick M