Yep, that's a 6 in there

62ChevyII005.jpg

62ChevyII007.jpg

I think this would probably be 6 powered

Joe-verhaulin018.jpg

This is a 6 just not in a line

Picture946.jpg

Picture122.jpg

This was 6 powered, now it's a cube of metal, and the six is on a stand in the garage....will trade for models ;):lol: :lol:

Novareborn005.jpg

Edited by novadose71

This might be a good place to ask where the uninformed would commonly find scale 6-bangers?

The Deora or the Lindberg '64 Belvedere lend themselves to a really nice leaning tower of power. The '51 and '53 Chevies have some really nice stovebolt 6's. Finally Ken Kitchen has some really beautiful Ford 6's from early iron to the last 4.9 liter fuel injected engine...

I forgot about this one. It's an AMT 25 T roadster built circa 1968, then rebuilt in 2003. Lower right of photo shows how it looked before the rebuild. Power is a Buick V-6, I think from the old AMT Opel GT kit. The frame was shortened about 6 scale inches. Exhaust pipes are titanium wire, blued with a torch.

3815961575_8a1d2754b4_z.jpg?zz=1

This started out as a Canadian Tire diecast promo. It was a curbside originally.

DSCN5149.jpg

After much kit bashing and a bit of scratch building it is now Crooked six powered.

DSCN5155.jpg

The engine came out of the parts box I believe it could be from an MPC 2nd generation Barracuda

It is connected to a push button Torqueflyte tranny

DSCN5156.jpg

Thanks

Carl

This might be a good place to ask where the uninformed would commonly find scale 6-bangers?

The Deora or the Lindberg '64 Belvedere lend themselves to a really nice leaning tower of power. The '51 and '53 Chevies have some really nice stovebolt 6's. Finally Ken Kitchen has some really beautiful Ford 6's from early iron to the last 4.9 liter fuel injected engine...

I figured since Rob was the only one who actually answered, other than the great pics of course, here are some of the kits I know of that have six bangers, Mike.

• AMT 1969 Firebird 400/Trans AM-includes both V8 400 and optional I-6 Blue Flame engines
  • AMT 1989 Firebird Trans AM 20 Anniversary Indy Pace Car Edition-includes Buick supercharged V-6 Grand National engine
  • Monogram 1989 Trans AM 20th Anniversary Edition-nealry the same car as the AMT kit with a solid roof instead of the Indy correct T-Tops, Buick supercharged V-6
  • Revell/Monogram 1986 Buick Grand National and GNX version-Buick supercharged V-6 in its original home
  • AMT 1950 Chevy 3100 Pickup-216 ci Thriftmaster I-6
  • AMT 1960 Chevy Custom Fleetside Pickup-I-6
  • AMT 1994 Chevy S10 SS/LS-4,3 L V-6
  • AMT Jaguar XJ-220-3.5 L Twin turbo V-6
  • AMT 1996 & 1997 Ford Explorers-4.0 L V-6
  • Tamiya Nissan Skyline GT-R(Sports Car series #90 kit, there are other Skylines that are just curbsides but this one has the full detail engine)-DOHC Twin turbo I-6
  • Revell Plymouth Prowler-3.5 L V-6
  • Trumpeter 1963 Nova SS Coupe-I-6
  • AMT 1993 Ford Ranger Splash-4.0 L V-6
  • Revell 1990 Ford Thunderbird SC-3.8 L supercharged V-6
  • Revell Monogram 1979 Chevy El Camino- V-6

Those are just some I found in my collection that are six bangers, and that was just a qiuck scainng of the stash! I was shocked I even had that many six cylinder cars on the shelf! There are also the 1/20 scale Lindberg Ford Explorer, Nissan King Cab, and Toyota Pickup I did not include above, obiviously because of the scale, I did not want to mix them in the 1/24 and 1/25 scale kits above.

There are also two other kits I have in the collection that I think have six bangers too, but not listed above just because they are buried and would be a pain to dig out right now! B) They are the Monogram 1953 Corvette, which should have the I-6 since that was all that Corvettes had in them the first couple years, and the AMT 1939? Chevy Hot Rod that came in the late 90s AMT "Hot Rods" 3 kit pack with the 34 Ford and 40? Ford Sedan Delivery. I'm pretty sure it has the Stovebolt 6 in that kit.

I hope that helps expand your (and everybodies ;) ) knowledge of avaiable six cylinders in scale form Mike, and I'm sure there are probably more hiding on my shelf or yours too! :D

0082-1.jpg

Thanks for bringing in the big trucks to the 6 cylinder party Dave! B) Here is my favorite 6 cylinder, my yet to be finished Detroit Diesel Series 60 I'm putting between the framerails of my Ford LTL9000 Custom.

HPIM2901.jpg

Hey, I mostly build Corvairs, and they all came from the factory with 6-cylinder power. Here's a few of them... I'll start off with my "Phantom" 1967 Yenko Stinger Stage III convertible. Don Yenko only built Stinger coupes in '67, but he did build about 5 convertibles in 1966. Next is my replica of a 1966 Corvair 500 Series Sport Sedan that I owned back in the mid-1980's. I converted it from a 1969 Monza Sport Coupe. Finally, there's my "Junkyard Refugee", a 1966 annual that I got as a glue bomb. It would have taken a lot of work to restore this bad boy, but I like doing things differently. Besides, I'm a firm believer in the old Modeler's adage "Anyone can build a rare model, but it takes a real MAN to cut one up"! Anyhow, on to the happy snaps:

Phantom1976Stingerconvertible8.jpg

Phantom1976Stingerconvertible3.jpg

My66Corvair500SportSedaninminiature4.jpg

My66Corvair500SportSedaninminiature3.jpg

CorsaJunkyardRefugee3.jpg

CorsaJunkyardRefugee1.jpg

Just a few...

'86 Buick Grand...

Gnondisk1-vi.jpg

BUICKGN3-vi.jpg

AMT's '53 Corvette, in need of a lowering:

Received_07_12_2005210513-vi.jpg

Received_07_12_2005110346-vi.jpg

My '67 Vair...

mypics22010066-vi.jpg

mypics22010070-vi.jpg

If this one had an engine... it would be a six!

Received_07_12_2005221111-vi.jpg

Mid-ninetees Monte Carlo's... were they sixes? If so...

Upload95201001002-vi.jpg

Wow! That's more sixes than I thought.

Edited by Jon Cole