Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your 6 powered cars

Nick Winter

heck I love seeing the oddball's like 6 Cylinder Mustangs and Firebird's, so lets see them, I'll start with my '68 Pontiac LeMans with a 230 I6 and 3SPD Auto combo.asdfghj99.jpgasdfghj101.jpgFILE0096.jpgFILE0101.jpgFILE0109.jpgFILE0108.jpgNickSo lets see those Mighty 6 Cars

In 1968 Pontiac increased the SOHC six to 250 cubic inches, and the Sprint option with its bigger cam, higher compression, and big Quadrajet carb, and dual exhaust manifolds increased from 207 horsepower,to 215, not a slouch in anyone's book.

No V8 maybe, but a Hyper-Pak Slant-Six is still nothing to sneeze at.

Charlie Larkin

It's not a Hyper-pac, that's a Clifford Research intake, the Hyper-pac intakes are quite a bit longer runners with a larger plenum area under the carb, and they used an AFB four barrel carb, not Holley. In the late'60s I worked for a local muffler shop and we got picked to build a custom 6 into one header for a local drag racer who was lucky enough to have gotten a 1964 Dart from the factory that had a Hyper-pac set up, it even had an even rarer big valve aluminum head on the 225 c.i. six, I never saw another one with the aluminum head on it, it was a big hit with fans as it put a few pretty good V-8's to shame, it was also the only six cylinder Dart I ever saw with a close ratio four speed transmission direct from the factory, getting a local racer in our area to pick up a factory sponsorship was a pretty big deal back then. That six into one header made an unearthly sound at high RPM kind of like a howling banshsee

The Revell ASA Ford racecars from the early 90's have the circle track version of the V-6. There we 2 or 3 different cars represented if I remember correctly.

A couple of the Camaro kits had the GM six in them too. One that comes to mind is the Lane Automotive number 52 kit.

A few years ago my local model car club was having an internal contest for Model T Fords, based on the reissued AMT'25 T kit. I originally planned to build a nice T-Bucket, but my kit contained a badly deformed roadster body. Decided to build a junker out of it. Engine came from the AMT '51 Chevy, just to be a bit different.

post-10758-0-57591900-1436077498_thumb.jpost-10758-0-49765600-1436077539_thumb.j

I have two sixes in the cabinet

The Corvette with the original six but hooked up to a supercharger

DSCF3413_zps7ea739d2.jpg

DSCF3377_zps0159df49.jpg

DSCF3392_zps6b2e6efc.jpg

And this GM Holden powered sprint car. Offy parts were hard to come by in Australia so many runners opted for very hot developments of the GM local product

DSCF2668_zps3452383a.jpg

1af97dc5-f109-42d0-b2e0-7296dbde3b9d_zps