Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your 6 powered cars

Nick Winter

That's very cool, and certainley not a Hijack, do you have any pictures of the rest of the car?

Nick

Of course not! banghead.gif

It was a Gold 2 dr. post w/ body colored steel wheels with serious rubber. It had rust coming through the wheel lips & the paint was shot, but the patina was impeccable! Too bad I'm an ^%$#$%^* and never photographed it. If I can get a shot from friends that were there, I'll post it. It really was a sweet old car with all the update money divided between 6 cylinders... eek.gif

it's a beauty B)

And yes, that car had a good-mojo vibe about it. It's ALL THERE... but scruffy. Just a "little" rust... dulled-metallic paint....some bumps & bruises...and a really nice interior. I'll photograph it more the next time. He's a member of Long Island Mopars too. I'm sure I'll see him again.

Not to taunt, but you should have heard it.... boogiebanana.gif

very cool Dart sedan!

if we are talking 1:1 cars, i've had a few 6 powered rides but with the exception of this one, none were really anything to get excited about or worth mentioning really. i just happened to really like this Dart, but i would have liked it alot more with a V8

Nov282010020.jpg

Is it a `71? Those cars are bulletproof. Besides my Barracuda and the Wife's GTI, we also have a `74 Dart Swinger we use as a beater. Slant 6/ auto/power steering.

DodgeDart029-vi.jpg

I left this car buried under 9' of snow for 3 months. I waited until I could open the door, hit the gas 3 times, and the SOB fired right up. I have customer's that can't leave their new Infiniti's for 3 WEEKS without it going dead!

Does anyone know any model kits that come with a flathead 6 instead of the regural inline sixes.

AMT's 41 Plymouth has a fairly nice flathead 6 for the kit's vintage. That's the only one I know of.

• 4 years later...