Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Slammers? Anyone build these

I have an unbuilt Ramblur, built the Street Fury just after it was released, and my son and I built the Road block a few years later, and that's in my parts box now...hows that for hitting the nail on the head ;) All cool and very basic, weekend type kits that go together like butter. Would like to find another fury and Roadblock sometime.

It's not a good one but the only pics I have of any of the 3 of those...hoodscoop and wheels are from the parts box

pumper049.jpg

pumper044.jpg

The custom trunk treatment is not included in the box, my son added that....This was the very last detail mind you.....I had it all assembled and standing on the front bumper so I could fill the taillights with red paint, then put my desk lamp about 8 inches away to apply some heat to dry them a little faster and then got distracted in the other room. Well my ever alert 4 year old was watching the whole thing and thought if a little heat was good, a lot would be better. I came back 5 or 10 minutes later to find the lamp about 1/2 inch away and smoking like crazy....my heart dropped, a calm explanation ensued and we both learned valuable lessons that day :lol:

pumper050.jpg

I did these 3, box stock. I think they look good on the shelf. I also try to buy these when I can find them reasonable, for my nephews and grandsons, so they can start learning how to assemble.

HPIM0956.jpg

HPIM0957.jpg

HPIM0955.jpg

The ramblur is my favorite, I used flat black on the roof and waxed the rest of the car. sory the pics are blurry, it was before the new camera.

Russell

I built the one called Super Coupe. Nice, little, easy build. Wheels and tires from the Testors Coupster. Painted gloss black with a Duplicolor Prisma paint for the sparkles. Parts box taillights.

DSCN1870.jpg

DSCN1872.jpg

DSCN1876.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting another one of these and one or two of the Ramblurs.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

I've sort of built the 'Ramblur'. I set it up on a pro street '66 Nova chassis, added an interior and AMC engine, and some new wheels, and turned it into a '61 Rambler American street machine.

First I did it as a pro street-

057_57-vi.jpg

Then it got damaged en route to a show, so I rebuilt it as a 'Slo Tourer'-

6F61E7-vi.jpg

I would want that Caprice, but detail level don't look to promising...

How about the detail's ?

They are slammers, as in what you see is what detail they have. No interiors, the "glass" is solid black plastic, and the chassis is one piece.

Here's mine so far. The Fury is OOB with the exception of alumimum discs on Monogram tires with painted whitewalls. The pickup was a pain in the butt. Nothing fit well, especially considering its a snapper. I used Monogram Early Iron wheels and tires, and scratchbuilt the surf board rack. I have the cop car and ramblurr as of yet unbuilt.

SSCN0104-vi.jpgDSCN0752-vi.jpg

Funny, a friend and I were talking about those the other day, wouldn't mind seeing those be reissued by RC2, only maybe in just plain white plastic this time like RC2 did with the Polar Lights "Holdeniac" GTO and Ford GT kits. Just so you guys know, the full detail Ranger Flairside "Splash" kit's chassis is nearly a perfect fit under the Blue Ranger thing in Draggon's post B)

First I did it as a pro street-

057_57-vi.jpg

Then it got damaged en route to a show, so I rebuilt it as a 'Slo Tourer'-

6F61E7-vi.jpg

Great looking Rambler.

Wish they added an interior, I don't have old one sitting around :D:D

My 4 I found at a Swap meet last yr.

Slammersx4.jpg

No top for the Rambler tho ;)

On my Rambler, I used the interior tub from a junk SC/Rambler kit, and the top boot is from a '50 Ford. Oh, and I cut out the stock grille (it had two big slots for the Moon tank), and replaced it with a trimmed down '60 Olds insert.

And yes, Casey, it does have the tires with a flame tread pattern. (So did the Revell sidewinder.) No idea if such a tire exists in 1:1, but it looks cool.