Model Cars Magazine Forum

history in the making

So for those who haven't heard the big news on the net(besides the wedding). Sony was cyber terrorist attacked last wednsday. All the evidence pointed to anonymous. They shut down their psn sevice and said it would take a day or two to fix. Well those days pasted and they finally answered why they shut psn down in the first place. They announced that late wednsday night early thursday morning there was a breach in their severs by a "outside" attack. This breach resulted in the possability of information of their workers and customers being taken. They decided to shut the servers down right then and there to stop the info transfer to the outside force. They are currently updating and reworking their entire system to avoid this from happening again.

The funniest part is that sony who is looking out for the greater good is catching a bad wrap from media and dumb kids that think this can get fixed over night. Also anonymous said that as soon as sony rebooted their servers that they would attack them again to deny them from making money again. This group of internet terrorists told a company they would stop the attacks due to the ill effects its having on innocent psn users last week but now they tell them that there going to shut the servers down again and deny operations to the innocent psn useres they swore to protect.

good news is that the FBI and other agencies are currently tracking down and have even made some arrests in this case. Theres also word that they may upgrade the punishments to a acts of terrorism case which possibly means the hackers involved may pay the ultimate debt for this attack.

The tolls of people affected by this attack is well over 60 million. Thats only counting tose with ps3's and no one else. This is one of the tops five cases of cyber terrorism to date.

So for those who haven't heard the big news on the net(besides the wedding). Sony was cyber terrorist attacked last wednsday.

What wedding, are you getting married!?!?! :D:blink:;):blink:;):D

On the serious side, I wonder if that is related to problems Photobucket had? There were 2% of their customers effected by a week and a half outage of service, and wouldn't you guess, I was one of the lucky ones! ;)

I didn't find aout about it until Sunday night, as I had been offline from PSN since a week ago last Saturday from my PS3 getting YLOD. Found out when I went to setup my new one. While I think the whole deal sucks, I certainly am not going to bash Sony or theaen to go to the Xbox (not going to bash the Xbox either, I'm not a hater). Hopefully, they will catch everyone involved and punish to the max amount they can.

What wedding, are you getting married!?!?! :D:blink:;):blink:;):D

On the serious side, I wonder if that is related to problems Photobucket had? There were 2% of their customers effected by a week and a half outage of service, and wouldn't you guess, I was one of the lucky ones! ;)

lol i enjoy being single so no

now that you bring that up maybe skynet is true.

"skynet becomes active april 19 2011"

so terminator is real OMG RUN

jk lol

I didn't find aout about it until Sunday night, as I had been offline from PSN since a week ago last Saturday from my PS3 getting YLOD. Found out when I went to setup my new one. While I think the whole deal sucks, I certainly am not going to bash Sony or theaen to go to the Xbox (not going to bash the Xbox either, I'm not a hater). Hopefully, they will catch everyone involved and punish to the max amount they can.

i know what you mean bro my first gamestation was a ps. ive had every playstation product made and while some are bad the most are good. I tried xbox and its not my cup of tea there for i wont buy it. I back every sony idea or plan until they discontinue psn then just maybe i'll buy a x box lol.

ive had every playstation product made and while some are bad the most are good. I tried xbox and its not my cup of tea there for i wont buy it. I back every sony idea or plan until they discontinue psn then just maybe i'll buy a x box lol.

What is this magical utopia of which you speaketh? This... how do you say... Peeeee - Ehsss - Ehnnn? Oh it sounds grand, but for the warring. I must step aside and travel to this great place.

What is this magical utopia of which you speaketh? This... how do you say... Peeeee - Ehsss - Ehnnn? Oh it sounds grand, but for the warring. I must step aside and travel to this great place.

Just head on over to Best Buy, fork over a couple hundred bucks, and bingo... you have achieved technological Nirvana. (Or something along those lines...)

I'm definitely annoyed by this, although not at Sony. Ive heard 2 story's. 1. a group of hackers that Sony took to court did it, but are denying responsibility, anonymous...some thing or other sounds like the name I heard for that group, but I'm not sure. 2. A different group of hackers tried to steal credit card numbers, buy Sony "cut the cord" before they could get expiration dates or security codes. Good thing if that's true, I use mine on PSN. Either way, can get mad at Sony for it, it may suck to be denied access, but, either way, they are protecting there users, and that fine with me. Ill still never switch to Xbox.

Well, all I can say about it is that my opinion of these hackers, cyber terrorist or whatever explative I use to describe them is only going down. I'm sure my opinion mirrors a lot of the public as each of us is affected by these jerks who are "fighting the big guys for us"... I don't know who's side they are on but it ain't corporate and it ain't the public... They are only costing us money as the losses incurred by the corporations they attack are rolled into the costs of the products we consumers purchase...

I do own a PS3 and will probably never own an red ring generator, er, x-box. I will wait patiently while they fix what these self-serving, egotistical, chicken-poop, non-vigilanty (vigilanties fight for the people, they don't make it worse for them) terroristic bad people messed up.

If you look at some of the posts on the gaming sites (including PSN), many people are trying to blame Sony for the whole mess, like as if it's their fault it happened. Some of them are even threatening to sue over it.

There's still plenty out there that are smart enough to understand what's going on, and realize that there was nothing Sony could do.

While the people who knocked down PSN might be hackers, there far from cyber-terrorists. I know that's the new in-vogue government term for hackers, but the only people that were terrorized by this outage probably could use the time out of the house and into the real world anyway.

After all the nonsense that Sony pulled with the music copyrighting and it's related lawsuits against people, They deserve it!

edit....

If anybody is wondering, I don't own any Sony gaming system newer that an early PlayStation I bought in 1997, and don't really even play that any more........................

Edited by Joe Handley

While the people who knocked down PSN might be hackers, there far from cyber-terrorists. I know that's the new in-vogue government term for hackers, but the only people that were terrorized by this outage probably could use the time out of the house and into the real world anyway.

Amen.

Just another bunch of young punks who should be doing productive things- like building models, or learning how to apply their apparently-considerable computer skills to positive applications.

I'm so glad I don't bother with any of that stuff...one less problem for me to worry about.

Charlie Larkin

After all the nonsense that Sony pulled with the music copyrighting and it's related lawsuits against people, They deserve it!

edit....

If anybody is wondering, I don't own any Sony gaming system newer that an early PlayStation I bought in 1997, and don't really even play that any more........................

i see what your going with bro. i use it when i start getting burned out on models. its a way to get ideas flowing again for me. plus when i get mad at a build i make some little kid i dont know in the world suffer from me killing him all the time lol.

I do own a PS3 and will probably never own an red ring generator, er, x-box. I will wait patiently while they fix what these self-serving, egotistical, chicken-poop, non-vigilanty (vigilanties fight for the people, they don't make it worse for them) terroristic bad people messed up.

Amen!