Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Corvette ZR1 - Completed

Eric C

Here's my latest completed model. It's Revell's Corvette ZR1. Built moslty out of the box other than the wheels and tires. Those are Fujimi OZ's. Painted Tamiya ts-14 Black with Tamiya clear then polished. The interior is two-tone red and black. I chose to paint the brake calipers and engine details red instead of the blue that's used on the real car.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Work009.jpg

Work015.jpg

Work014.jpg

Work017.jpg

That was going to be my comment....I bet you had some time invested in polishing that paint out! How did you polish it? Did you use the polishing cloths from 3200 thru 12,000?

I got pretty lucky on the intial paint job with a smooth finish and minimul dust. So I ended up using an old and worn out 3600 cloth on a couple dust specs then a 4000 and 6000 on those same spots. After that it was all three grades (coarse, fine, finish) tamiya rubbing compounds over the entire surface. Last step was Tamiya liquid wax to clean my finger prints off the paint once the build was complete.