Model Cars Magazine Forum

Be careful...waring...this is an F1 model

Peter Lombardo

Gentleman, I am truly overwhelmed by all of the positive responses to my build....thanks, I appreciate it, and I appreciate how many of you guys like F1 cars. I really didn't realize that.

Smokey, I was admiring your Fiat dragster at NNL East a few weeks ago, that car really stood out...really sharp looking build, very unique use of the scoop.

Kane, the photo-etched kit was made by Hasegawa, but it is a separate purchase. I ordered the car and photo-etch together from HLJ.com. I certainly would recommend the photo-etch to anyone looking to build this kit, if just for the turned intake trumpets and mesh air filters over each.

Overall, I was very impressed with Hasegawa's move into Tamiya's wheelhouse. They "out" Tamiya'ed Tamiya. I love customs and rods, but every now and then I really enjoy these great old classic F1 cars. Again, thanks for the kind words. :D

Peter

ya know I have a hard time warming up to models of Formula One cars...wink.gif

very, very nice job on Niki's car

Just love how Hasegawa and Fujimi have jumped in and expanded choices for us that enjoy building F1 models

c'ya

Curt

I sure love F-1 and enjoyed the burning eyes as I looked at your build :D I have a Tamiya Type 79 in my stash pile waiting for my other projects to get done (2 planes and a ship) I have the P/E for this kit and look forward to building it. Was there any issues with the kit as it went together?