Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Alcoa rims and tyres and other 1/16th parts

In Australia, we don't use the 24.5 inch rims, instead we opt for the 22.5, so with that in mind,

Here is a sample of what they will be like

file-16.jpg

file-21.jpg

These are fitted with a true Alcoa rim

Do they look better than the kit rims and tyres????

the drives will suit logging, and off road etc

I also have the Alcoa rim in 24.5 to replace the kit rims which are less than accurate these are with the kit tyres

80ebb83a.jpg

Edited by Tony Bryan

Tony.Very Nice............Be sure to send all of your spares to me!!! LOL matt

Matt,

Going to do another 2 patterns, and split them of the rims,

I want to cast these in rubber, and the rims in resin

Hey Tony, I am a truck wheel fanatic and I think they look great! I sure hope you'll be offering them for sale!!!!!!!

Ben,

I don't know if I will sell them yet, I want to add the photo etch labels on the side walls, but am reluctant to brand them with Bridgestone,which these are,

I can how ever label them something else but it does take away the realism of the whole effort

Tony..Super nice....the 22.5's will be a must have for my SAR project later this year........Matt

Matt,

A SAR mmm, interesting, I have a couple of photo's of one, What rear end are you going to be using?

I have already done a 6 rod as well as a henrickson HAS460, The 6 rod I set up to use the existing holes in the diff, so it lines up better, the main frame sits where the original air glide sits,

I have also done the intercooler and radiator to suit the 3406B, and the roof console and floor console for the SAR, also the 36 in high rise sleeper for the Gold nugget,

Here is a pic of the 1/16th Six Rod, the coloured parts I am changing for a photo etch fret , these won't cast to well

file-19.jpg

and the HAS460, still need to do the torque arms and air bags, the KW ones are a little small

file-20.jpg

they will all go to the casters soon,

• 2 weeks later...

Tony,

These are excellent. Let us know what you have and when you have things available. I'm interested.

Thanks for letting us know what your up to.

Dave

Dave

will be a couple of months, have a lot of 1/16th stuff that needs to be cast, and I just don't want to do it,

The Six rod needs a bit of photo etch and white metal stuff

Not that sure if I am going to cast the tyres yet, may just do these for myself

Will let you know when or if it will happen

Wow! Excellent work! Are these the Bridgestone M843 and R194 tires by chance?

Bryan

Bryan

well they could be anything I want really, as they still have no label on them, I will add that detail when I can come up with something that won't get me

into to much trouble, they where actually modelled off a Bridgestone case, but I may not even have them moulded yet

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...