Model Cars Magazine Forum

Larry Griffith's Hemi Dart

Tucohoward

I finally decided to try car modelling after noticing Revell's Hemi Dart. I've built airplanes for a long time, but cars have always looked more difficult to make realistic. The builders on this forum certainly have figured it out. I've learned a bunch already from reading past posts. There is a ton of useful info and inspiring building here. Anyhow here's my progress so far.

100_1378.jpg100_1379.jpg100_1387.jpg100_1388.jpg100_1369.jpg100_1366.jpg100_1431.jpg

there's definitly no lack of detail here and you are on your way to being one of the best here on this forum. don't get discouraged over the lack of detail in these 1/25 scale auto kits compared to that of model planes.your hemi dart looks great and your added detail is amazing.looking forward to more of your builds.

Thanks guys. This seems like a really good forum. There are still alot of things about car modelling that I'm aprehensive about like BMF and gloss paint and bringing it all together. I'm going to keep trying to learn from everybody here.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

After a long layoff I'm trying to pick up where I left off. My father passed away a few days after I originally posted this last year and I seemed to lose my modelling ambition. I didn't even sit at my bench for 7 months afterward. I don't know why it affected me that way as he never had anything to do with my modelling. I have started to work on some planes and now feel like I need to get back to the Dart. I hope to have some progress and pictures soon. I just have to find where I put all the parts.

So sorry to hear about your loss. It doesn't matter if he had anything to do with your modeling it just takes something out of everyone when we lose somebody near and dear to us. We are all here for you.

Dart has been looking great though. I have one to build someday as well. Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing this completed.

Sorry about your loss, it always hurts so much. :o But Luckily Dart looks very good so far, detailing has been awesome and paintjob is near perfection. I hope you are able to work with this one very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet model!! I, too, used to build aircraft, but switched to cars a couple a years ago myself. Still working on the BMF thing..

What did you use for the seat belts?

Sorry for your loss, man. hang in there. Lots of good people here.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by imatt88

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support. I have been trying to figure out how to replicate the wiring harness and have come up with this for a first attempt. I twisted some strands of copper wire together and painted them black. I'm not going to actually run them to each component, just into the blind spot behind the alternator. I hope it will give the appearence of wiring without really doing it. I cut strips of foil from a wine bottle for the retainers on the valve cover. I'm waiting for the super glue to set up on those before i paint them and install the wiring.000_0051.jpg000_0048.jpg000_0047.jpg