Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snake VS Mongoose on the BIG SCREEN

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

They had a budget of only $4 Million to work with. Most of the scenes are made using Cackle Cars and Restored cars. Not too many of them where used. Most old footage, original, is footage that has been out there for quite some time. Nothing new. Almost all of it was shot at Famoso Dragstrip in Bakersfield. With some creative CGI or Props, they managed to recreate the starting line at LIons.

This could have been edited way better and creatively to stretch out the dollars available. I have seen student films with almost zero budgets look better than this one. Real shame because it is a good story that should have been told better. Better acting would have also helped.

It looks like an after school T.V. Special. If you are old like me, you know what I am talking about.

Just Pleeeeeaaaase don't over dramatize this movie like they have been with every other movie and TV show over the past few years!!!!!!!!!!

Just like I expected! Way too much storyline about thier personal lives to turn it into a soap opera!!!!! They could have used WAY more racing footage!! So sick of these movies trying to jam as much needless drama down your throught as possible!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought the DVD at Walmart for $10.

It is not a high budget film, but, I liked it.

I would recommend it to anyone that has been a longtime drag fan. Some great old footage. Lots of restored dragsters. Except for the guy playing the reporter with the bad wig and fake mustache, the acting is not all that bad.

Even had a few shots of Jungle Pam and Linda Vaughn.

Well worth $10.....LOL