Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopars Projects

Drago

Hi fellas!

The Brazilian "Small Dreams" Forum (www.small-dreams.com/Forum) is running an e-group with the SHOW CAR subject

So, I decided to enter with this "double Mopar" project. The intention is reproduce this shot:

MoparProject-vi.jpg

But first, let´s begin with the “lower” one.

It will be a Dodge Dakota with the front clip from a Dodge magnum… so, I called it “Dagnum” (exactly like 1:1 real pickup project showed in all magazines few years ago)

0709mt_02_z2000_dodge_dakotafront_passenger_side_view.jpg

The “material”…

Dagnum_000-vi.jpg

Dagnum_001-vi.jpg

Dagnum_3-vi.jpg

Dagnum_003-vi.jpg

Dagnum_004-vi.jpg

The paint schema will follow the paint schema from Slixx´s decals sheet of 2007 Gary Selcizi Oakley 4X Champion Charger Funny Car Decal

Edited by Drago

Then, little work on the interior (tunnel) , putty in all holes (shaved style), new floor, new rear inner fenders, primer to see what still needs more attention and a little modification on the wheels. (sorry for the bad quality pics)

Dagnum_011-vi.jpg

Dagnum_012-vi.jpg

Dagnum_013-vi.jpg

Dagnum_014-vi.jpg

Dagnum_015-vi.jpg

Dagnum_016-vi.jpg

Dagnum_017-vi.jpg

Dagnum_018-vi.jpg

Dagnum_019-vi.jpg

Dagnum_020-vi.jpg

More putty in the rear lights (it will be like the Caddy´s Fleetwoody… vertical) and rear door. More engine test and new firewall

Dagnum_031-vi.jpg

Dagnum_026-vi.jpg

Dagnum_027-vi.jpg

Dagnum_028-vi.jpg

Dagnum_029-vi.jpg

Dagnum_030-vi.jpg

A pause for the cause: my prince, my life, my everything: his first steps into the modeling!

A little extra help for Daddy!

gu_01-vi.jpg

Is he awesome or what??

Edited by Drago

So, the next step was little registered by photos, but in terms of project´s forward… was huge:

THE STRUCTURE!!

Drew the chassis in paper and did some fit tests. Then, went to the plastic and cut it all!!!

Dagnum_032-vi.jpg

Dagnum_033-vi.jpg

To certified that all pieces will fit right, I glued this main peace with white glue (this is responsible for join rear and front parts) It´s hard to view, but it is there rsrsrsr

Dagnum_034-vi.jpg

And I just put others pieces together until the chassis design get done

Dagnum_035-vi.jpg

Dagnum_036-vi.jpg

Dagnum_037-vi.jpg

Dagnum_038-vi.jpg

Dagnum_039-vi.jpg

Dagnum_040-vi.jpg

Here, the next steps:

Dagnum_041-vi.jpg

Green and red: suspension arms

Black: air bags

Brown: support bar (to fix the shock absorbers)

Yellow: shock absorbers

Orange: gas tank

Blue: air compression

Pink: air tank (this will be the only unit that will be positioned above the bed. All other will be under the bed…)

I hope you guys enjoy it and all comments and suggestions are welcome!

A pause for the cause: my prince, my life, my everything: his first steps into the modeling!

A little extra help for Daddy!

gu_01-vi.jpg

Is he awesome or what??

that is just the best picture of the bunch

my boy is 14 months old and he was sitting on my lap the other day while i was working on a model

i was sanding down some wheelbacks to make them fit narrow tires, when i was done i moved my attention to something else

i looked down and my son had taken a tire and was sanding it in exactly the same way i had been sanding the rim :)

looks like you have a good handle on this and your making good progress

my only tip is to have a close look at the two tires mounted on the rear axle, they are directional and both of them are driver side tires

simple enoug to fix now but a real pain once the model is done ;)

Hey Drago. That is some dedicated work you got goin'. I'm a scratchbuilder at heart (can't leave anything alone) and this project looks pretty cool. I will definitely follow. Great work.

Guest Sickfish

Well... Well... Well.... Another Brazilian & another Mopar fan...  Your work is very similar to my bro Cesar Bossolani  .... I'm thinking you know Cesar pretty good Drago?? Lol! You guys are brazilliant! Lol! Keep up the good work bro & please, please tell Cesar to hurry up & finish his Magnum  Lol! Cool build projects Drago! 

Cliffo 

Hi guys.

stewart , I use Tamiya´s fillers for hard work and 200-1200 sandpapers for fine touch. These sandpapers are used with little extra help of an eraser as sandingblock

lixando-vi.jpg

BigEd , I used a differential from my parts box (really don’t know the model and which kit come from as well). The axel is an aluminum tube!

Sickfish, you are right!!! We are very good and close friends…As a matter of fact, I consider him the blood brother I never had… (Me holding him and his son)

bros_01-vi.jpg

We live in different cities (152 miles) but we keep in touch almost every day. And we (and others friends as well) try to get together at least twice at quarter. Seating is me try to understand what he is trying to say (too much beer already…)

bros_02-vi.jpg

Besides we spoke almost every day, we also have many similarities in terms of modeling techniques and cars preferences, so it is kind of natural our works is so similar.

Don´t worry.. he will finish Magnum this year rsrsrsrs

All other friends… I would like to thanks for comments and strong words.

Hope get more updates very soon!

Edited by Drago

DoubleB, I use this one:

TM87051-vi.jpg

But in this project, I got out of this putty and had to start to use this one:

TM87052-vi.jpg

To be honest, I did not realize what is the difference between both putties...

In the box instructions, the green one says it dry fast ant the blue one says it has smooth surface…

Maybe other friend can tell us the real difference!

Guest Sickfish

Hi guys.

stewart , I use Tamiya´s fillers for hard work and 200-1200 sandpapers for fine touch. These sandpapers are used with little extra help of an eraser as sandingblock

lixando-vi.jpg

BigEd , I used a differential from my parts box (really don’t know the model and which kit come from as well). The axel is an aluminum tube!

Sickfish, you are right!!! We are very good and close friends…As a matter of fact, I consider him the blood brother I never had… (Me holding him and his son)

bros_01-vi.jpg

We live in different cities (152 miles) but we keep in touch almost every day. And we (and others friends as well) try to get together at least twice at quarter. Seating is me try to understand what he is trying to say (too much beer already…)

bros_02-vi.jpg

Besides we spoke almost every day, we also have many similarities in terms of modeling techniques and cars preferences, so it is kind of natural our works is so similar.

Don´t worry.. he will finish Magnum this year rsrsrsrs

Hey Drago... I played a trick on you, I am sorry... But yes I know you & Cesar are great friends! Lol! Cesar told me this through Emails  Any bro of Cesar's is a bro of mine! 

I didn't think Cesar was sooo skinny!?  I think he need's muito Aussie Cervejas to help him get big, like you/me  Lol! You guys are great & such talented builders! 

I love this project! So cool! I built the Dakota many yrs ago & gave it as a present to my nephew! I wish I should've kept it!  Can't wait to see more 

Cheers bro & keep up the great work! Cliffo 

All other friends… I would like to thanks for comments and strong words.

Hope get more updates very soon!

Cliffo unfortunately I'm good mate of Drago's... Actually we talk every day or almost since 2004 or 2005.

He was running out of school once he was teenage and he don't know math or his car odometer was broked.... My place to São Paulo it's less than 100km... 60 miles?

But he is my brother!!! We are good and closely friends!!! We doing some projects together. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Prego!!! Awesome project... You'll finish this one??? LOL!!!! Want you bet again and lose another kit? LOL!!

By the way, thanks for consideration bro!! Here it's the same, you know buddy!!!

Cesar

Ps. I'm not skinny, I'm handsome!!! LOL!!!