Model Cars Magazine Forum

my take on the Revell '32 5-Window-Just a 426 Street Hemi

Nick Winter

Nick Engine detailing is one of my favorite things to do when modeling.I would like to give you a couple of suggestions.first shorten the spark plug boot material on the lead you have going to the coil.second, the holes you have drilled out of the valve covers are a little too large. I mean you only have to slip the plug wire into the hole.If thats what you are planning? Hemis usually require a large round spark plug boot. I usually punch out some thin small disk's out of the rubber material that I get from Photo etched pieces that do not use a "fret" (nothing goes to waste here). However Replicas in Miniature of maryland does offer some very cool looking resin spark plug boot's for the Hemi.

Thanks for posting and keep up the good work.

Nick Engine detailing is one of my favorite things to do when modeling.I would like to give you a couple of suggestions.first shorten the spark plug boot material on the lead you have going to the coil.second, the holes you have drilled out of the valve covers are a little too large. I mean you only have to slip the plug wire into the hole.If thats what you are planning? Hemis usually require a large round spark plug boot. I usually punch out some thin small disk's out of the rubber material that I get from Photo etched pieces that do not use a "fret" (nothing goes to waste here). However Replicas in Miniature of maryland does offer some very cool looking resin spark plug boot's for the Hemi.

Thanks for posting and keep up the good work.

I plan to shorten the Lead that was a mock up for the photo, I do have apropriate sized boots for the Valve covers, but I'd love for you to sow how you do yours, they might be better then what I have.

Nick

looks like someones has got thier hands on a dodge dart kit

but this little hemi isnt going in a dart is it Nick?

its allright, you can tell us, what do you have planned for it ?

(im guessing something like a miata or an is2gay)

It's an AMT Hemi- not one from the Revell Dart

Exactly Chris, it almost looks like one from a Coronet Pro Street kit, or at least it's stock counterpart. I've got me enough of those Pro Street kits to last a lifetime or two! :D;)

Exactly Chris, it almost looks like one from a Coronet Pro Street kit, or at least it's stock counterpart. I've got me enough of those Pro Street kits to last a lifetime or two! :lol::lol:

go ahead and mail them to me then, i only have 3 :lol:

i just thought

it was the dart kit since the mani looked off

Dragline: thank you.

Eelco: Not from the Dart got it from a modeller in a trade some time ago. I'll address what in a minute.

Chris: your correct from what I was told it's an AMT, as for the race thing, I've seen the Cross-Rams in a few Street Machines and that's where I based my idea from.

Mike: I used Aluminum BMF, and no it's not going in a GMC

Big hint time: It's going in a FoMoCo vehicle, and the Vehicle will wear a set of 60's Halibrand Magnesium Wheels. B) Right now some are going "I know, I know!" other are going "What the heck kinda hint is that!"

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Try to figure them out myself, I've never made headers before so it's new to me.Nick

Yeah, because of the shape of the head and the curve of that front fender you're going to have a real chore ahead of you if you plan on making a zoomie type header fit. You see very few fendered deuces with zoomie headers because of this. I think you'de be better off just going straight down with a standard header for a hemi and then make some exhaust pipes that exit before the rear tire. The MPC 67 Charger street machine had a nice set of headers.

• 10 months later...