Model Cars Magazine Forum

Richard Petty 1984

dragmodeler1

Hello everybody....glad to be posting again after a little intermission....this one here's the #43 Petty Grand Prix...got it for $2 the other night at a yard sale unopened! This is my first NASCAR so I'm gonna need you guys to put me in the right direction

The engine (in pieces)

100MEDIA95IMAG0322.jpg

The mock ups

100MEDIA95IMAG0323.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0325.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't the greatest.....they were taken at night.....thanks for looking!

Everything on the engine except the intake will be painted industrial blue. That's an OSHA color. I believe both Northern Toll and TSC carries it. The suspension and bottom of the fuel tank is also Industrial Blue. everything else is Petty Blue and Day Glo Red. MCW will have the correct blue and red.

Everything on the engine except the intake will be painted industrial blue. That's an OSHA color. I believe both Northern Toll and TSC carries it. The suspension and bottom of the fuel tank is also Industrial Blue. everything else is Petty Blue and Day Glo Red. MCW will have the correct blue and red.

Thank you! I'll have to repaint it as soon as possible....so ill put it aside til then...AGAIN THANK YOU! ;)

Thank you! I'll have to repaint it as soon as possible....so ill put it aside til then...AGAIN THANK YOU! ;)

Welcome, anytime. If you want to see the diff between Petty Blue and Ind. blue just send me your e mail addy and I'll send you some pics. I don't have pics of the exact car you are working on, but you can still see the paint difference. They painted there cars like this for years, and I have never run across the reason for the Ind. Blue color.