Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

Not to mention saying, "comments and any help with PE welcome .. [sic]"

Brought it on yourself. Be mature and deal with it.

B)

hahahaha... really. i said an you quoted me .. comments an HELP WITH PE.. im shure that mean help with PE . not my build per say.. PE since ive never used it ..

Second time I've busted this out in the thread. Take the advice, or don't guys...but we know of someone who was recently tossed out of here for ignoring the zero-tolerance on "naughty" words. Just sayin'...we don't have to agree, but the place is usually poorer for it when people get banned or kicked out.

Per Gregg, who runs this site...

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

As you may have noticed, some posts and even threads have been deleted.

Some topics titles have been edited.

There will be no swearing on the forum, AT ALL!

Don't even try to fake it, or use wildcards (*&^%$) in place of swear or cuss words.

If I see someone doing it all the time, they will be banned.

There is a warning system in place also.

I would like to see that used as well.

Also, no derogatory name calling either, you know who you are.

Don't be calling some a something bag or other nasty things like that on the forum.

This is the final warning.

Gregg on swearing

its a flame war boss they wont listen B)

Sorry to have given an opinion that the photoetched leaves looked gimmicky and less like an actual set of leaf springs than a well detailed set from the decent kit parts- obviously the person who spent the money on the stuff would feel a bit chapped- but I really don't know of a more helpful suggestion other than not using those particular parts :D

I was a huge Dukes fan when it was on originally and did purchase several seasons on DVD out of nostagia, but to pick apart details from a cheesy show which wasn't anywhere near accurate on any level is ridiculous B)

Have a beer, enjoy Daisy, and calm down a bit ;)

Ok, here's my take on the doors of the General Lee....

WHO CARES!!!!

Now, with that said, I was (and still am for that matter) a fan of the show, and I still occasionally watch the reruns on CMT, just like I still watch reruns of Knight Rider on a local station's retro station called RTV. I don't know if RTV is a national deal for local stations to air or not, but anyway, back to the subtopic here.

As every Duke's fan knows, or at least should know, Bo always had aspirations of becoming a NASCAR driver, and I feel this is where the idea that the General was a former Grand National racecar is coming into play, as in those days as any true NASCAR fan should relize, the top series now called the Sprint Cup was also known as the Grand National series. Obviously, the episodes mentioned previously show the General was just your everyday plain jane Charger before the Duke boys got their hands on him and rebuilt him as a "racecar".

Also, at least from what I can remember of the original series and the movie, I remember in at least one of them, they were welding the doors shut from the OUTSIDE! Would that not result in there being a weld seam where the door gap SHOULD be? B);):blink:

I honestly see it this way, since there are numerous recreations of the General Lee out there, Davin could be building his recreation that he may always want to have in 1:1. I too have always wanted to have a 1:1 General, and if I'd weld the doors shut, I'd never get my fat rear end in the car to drive it!!! :D

Well since this has turned in to a pee pee match... I feel that this build publicly is DEAD..

sry to those who really wanted to see the build .. blame the nitpickers an school teachers, an the it should be done this way no it should be done that way ...

MY BUILD MY MONEY INVESTED.. GET OFF THIS BULL WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE REASON I LEFT FOR 6+ MONTHS A BUNCH OF KIDDS SEEIN WHOS CAN SPIT THE FARTHEST....

THE GENERAL LEE BUILD IS DONE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mopar01lee

I'm sorry to hear this Davin, I was looking forward to maybe use some of your ideas on the General I plan to build sometime in the future I mentioned earlier in the thread. B) I'm already planning on using the 68 body instead of sanding the vinyl roof off the 69 body, and was hoping to pick up other ideas too.

Well since this has turned in to a pee pee match... I feel that this build publicly is DEAD..

sry to those who really wanted to see the build .. blame the nitpickers an school teachers, an the it should be done this way no it should be done that way ...

MY BUILD MY MONEY INVESTED.. GET OFF THIS BULL WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE REASON I LEFT FOR 6+ MONTHS A BUNCH OF KIDDS SEEIN WHOS CAN SPIT THE FARTHEST....

really if i quit posting everytime someone nitpicked my builds i wouldn't post at all. Congradulations you let the haters get to you and now they know how far to push you for the next time.

I'm sorry to hear this Davin, I was looking forward to maybe use some of your ideas on the General I plan to build sometime in the future I mentioned earlier in the thread. B) I'm already planning on using the 68 body instead of sanding the vinyl roof off the 69 body, and was hoping to pick up other ideas too.

I will post pics of the build for now .. i will not be part of this kiddy bable.... if anyone else wants to see more let me kw an i may start posting again .but untill then sry . i may put up pics but no text..

sry for the few to ruine a good thing.. later days Davin

really if i quit posting everytime someone nitpicked my builds i wouldn't post at all. Congradulations you let the haters get to you and now they know how far to push you for the next time.

You kw what your right .. im not goin out that easy .. but goin from 31 post this morning before i went to work, to 101 in 9hrs is flat out retarded( no effence to anyone)... an not a single post on my build..

but i will go on for now ..... BUT I DO REMEMBER THAT HATERS ARE YOUR BIGEST FANS....LOL

I will post pics of the build for now .. i will not be part of this kiddy bable.... if anyone else wants to see more let me kw an i may start posting again .but untill then sry . i may put up pics but no text..

sry for the few to ruine a good thing.. later days Davin

I don't get it, a lot of people here will say when some one asked for color suggestions or things like that they will say "just build for yourself" yet they will tear apart a build where someone is building for themselves. Here they are telling you that your general Lee is innacurate yet this is a fictional vehicle played by dozens of real cars all of which were a little different.

If I understand what you are doing is building a General Lee styled Dodge Charger similar to one you would like to do in real life. Sounds ok to me.

Every so often I see Shelby Cobra models posted here with paint and interior colors that were never offered or Racing cobras that the markings are right but the model is no where close to being an accurate replica of the real car. Now I'm as much of a cobra fan if not more so, than the nitpickers here are General Lee fans, yet I don't tear down there builds because that is the model they wanted to build.

I say Build the model you want. enjoy it and tell the naysayers where they can go. If this were my thread I would delete the whole thing, and simply repost my project pics. Build on! BYW on a personal level I love the work you are doing so far.

What is everyone here a 13 year old girl cycling at the same time? CHRIST!! Honestly 4 pages arguing about whether or not the doors were open or closed till y'all butt-hurt the O.P. to the point that they took their ball and went home. He didn't need a episode by episode breakdown of the show, he just wants to build his little model, have everyone fall all over themselves about how great it is, and ask for occasional help...that help that 95% of people here want, which is to say: None.

Uh-oh dem Duke Geeks dun got into a fight over the details...

dukes-of-hazard.jpg

My only request is that instead of using odd abbreviations of words, such as "sry" for "sorry" (it looks like you misspelled "try") and "an" for "and" you should use the whole word. It helps people understand what you're trying to say, especially those of us who don't speak (or read, that is) the text message lingo.

BTW :) I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this build.

Build it the way you want to build it.

Edited by Nate

Davin, I have to say thank you for not stopping this thread due to some people's remarks. I've been watching silently in the background of this build up and I have to say that you are doing a tremendous job with this car. You build it as you see it in your eyes. I like where you are going. Keep up the great work and those hinges look stellar! Can't wait to see more. :)