Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many BUILT kits does everyone have ?

Guest Johnny

You mean we are supposed to finish these things????:lol:

I have somewhere in the 90's built, most in cases and most of them in boxes because of lack of shelve space!B)

lets see here ....

completed - maybe 2 :huh:

out of those 2 i dont have them anymore (lost moving from place to place about every year the last 15 years of my life?) B)

on the bench now - 5

almost done (yes i said almost done) - 2

kits still in original shrink wrap - 2

total kits "in da' stash" - well over 100!!! :lol:

total kits still need to get started on - about 1/2 the total kits! :P

most of certain kit in stash - "SNAP PETE" REVELL PETE 359 i got 4 of! (and yes i got plans for all 4 of them! :lol: )

and thats it i think! :lol:

Well now I feel better. Although I must have at least a couple dozen in progress, I only have 14 completed. That includes one done in the 60's, one in 1971, 4 snap kits, and a Red Baron rat rod that I call "mine" as when it arrived from ebay it was so broken up I had to rebuild a lot of it and get a new kit for parts. I think I should add my name to the roster of "model car starters" :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have 22 completed models. I would have about 16 more but I had a a moving company guy take a liking to my work while I was packing them. The case mysteriously disappeared and the military reimbursed me for the cost of the kits. It really is a shame because it was a lot of my older work and many of them are very hard to find now.

I have about a dozen in progress, I guess.

I think about a dozen currently in view in the house, probably another 20 older built in storage, and maye 25 started or waiting to be started. I have a habit of giving away alot of builds, Ive traded a couple, I even sold one, a few have become cat toys, and some diecasts will soon be turned into stash money to use to go to a couple shows over the summer.