Model Cars Magazine Forum

A new AMT Parts Pack from Round 2 ?

SteveG

First , this is nothing but a win - win for customers who bought , built and now have completed A M T kits that were retailed in the mid to late 1990's . How many times were we buying the aftermarket white walls from the cottage vendors ? I know I would be in line to buy several sets just to brighten up the older A M T / Racing Champion kits I have built as stockers or in diorama scenes ........ Ed Shaver

seeing as my rapidly diminishing tire stash is... well, diminishing; i'd buy some repop tires also. i'd like to have some of the MPC "polyglas radials" from the mid '70's also.... replacing "no-name" kit tires with good tires from my stash has been painful, as some of the ones i've used are darn near impossible to replace.

I'm no expert on the economics of the model car industry, but I think this could be a growing market for the model companies. A lot of us have commented on the fact that we have enough kits to last us a few lifetimes of building, or that we're out of room for more kits, but an attractive package of cool parts (we all know that tires and wheels can make a model) seems like a winner, especially for the adult market. I would also think that lower tooling costs (and in many cases the use of existing tooling) would factor into the equation.

Edited by RancheroSteve

Just posted on Spotlight, looks like Round 2 is seriously considering this.

M&H Parts Pack from Round 2

I think it would be cool to get a set or two. I hope there's enough interest that they'll do this.

-Steve

They look really cool, and I'll buy some if they go into production, but that website is a nightmare. So many threads that are just impossible to follow because all sorts of relevant information is just not there. Ugh.

They look really cool, and I'll buy some if they go into production, but that website is a nightmare. So many threads that are just impossible to follow because all sorts of relevant information is just not there. Ugh.

Can someone post a picture or something. I can't get on the site for some reason.:lol:

Can someone post a picture or something. I can't get on the site for some reason.:P

0mh.jpg

0mh1.jpg

This is still in the planning stages, and your comments are welcome. No release date or price has been established, but they would try to keep it under $10.00.

The pack would contain 4 pairs of the retooled "pie crust" slicks, each with a different pad-print style as follows:

1. Racemaster Dragster lettering

2. Whitewall with Racemaster Dragster lettering

3. Wide whitewall

4. EXCLUSIVE TO THE PARTS PACK: Whitewall with red pinstripe Style 4 will never be found in a kit, it can only be obtained by buying the parts pack.