Model Cars Magazine Forum

Remember "Hot Rod " Primer?

yes, i still have a few cans of it out in the garage and i believe it's still available. about the worst covering stuff i've ever used too.

Aw, such fond memories. I'm thinking of my high school days, early sixties. No, I wouldn't think it would cover too well now.:Dchev55.jpg

I was wondering about this awhile back. What ever happened to "Hot Rod" primer? In my youth, that's all one used. My first 1:1 paint job I used Hot Rod primer. It even said so on the cans.:D

DupliColor has a Hot Rod Grey Primer, really nice shade of dark grey and works just like all of their other primers

DupliColor has a Hot Rod Grey Primer, really nice shade of dark grey and works just like all of their other primers

Yep- any place that carries DupliColor should stock it, or at least be able to order it for you. I've always got a can or two of it on hand!

my father in law gave me a box and said open it.. so when i opened it there were about 200+ bottles of paint. patra, humbrol, and floquil paints.. they are all 30+ years old and all like brand new.. like 6 bottles of dio-sol, tons of hot rod primer and lots of other goodies.. nut the fumes wow enough to knock me out.. lol..