Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tires for the Extra Wheels from Revelle Tuner Series Kits. Any Sugestions?

I picked up a set of Hoppin' Hydros Low Pro's tires for a cheap price today at my LHS. After bringing them home and matching them up to the rims, I find they don't fit...So no big deal that they don't fit the extra rims that come with Revelle/Monogram's Tuner kits. But I'd like to know, does anyone know of any aftermarket tires that I can use with the extra rims from the tuner kits?

this might not help much, but I've found that many Tamiya and Aoshima tires fit well since they are very flexible rubber. Plus they are far more realistic than the "rubber band-thin" tires in the Revell Tuner kits. Only other tires I can think of might be the 19" Pegasus tires, but those usually come with rims as well, leaving you with more extra rims LOL. Also I am not positive that the Pegasus tires will fit, but many of the Tamiya sports car tires do (Nissan Skyline, 300zx, Toyota Celica, Supra, Mazda RX7, etc). I wish somebody made accurate tires for the Revell tuner kit rims too, the sidewalls on the kit supplied tires are hardly realistic, plus they look almost too narrow to be performance tires as well :unsure:

this might not help much, but I've found that many Tamiya and Aoshima tires fit well since they are very flexible rubber. Plus they are far more realistic than the "rubber band-thin" tires in the Revell Tuner kits. Only other tires I can think of might be the 19" Pegasus tires, but those usually come with rims as well, leaving you with more extra rims LOL. Also I am not positive that the Pegasus tires will fit, but many of the Tamiya sports car tires do (Nissan Skyline, 300zx, Toyota Celica, Supra, Mazda RX7, etc). I wish somebody made accurate tires for the Revell tuner kit rims too, the sidewalls on the kit supplied tires are hardly realistic, plus they look almost too narrow to be performance tires as well :unsure:

Actually the 19 inch pegasus tires can be bought seperate from ScaleDreams.com. Email Rick through his site and ask him which of the tires might fit.

Edited by grimreaper

The Pegasus 18 Michelin Pilots sold by Scale Dreams may work; they're essentially the same tire that is in Tamiya 350Z kits.

The stock front tires, and stock tires from AMT/Polar Lights kits like the Ford GT and 2004/2005 Pontiac GTO's are a perfect fit for the Revell tuner wheels; and more realistic sidewalls.

Someone was making aftermarket repops of Revell's thin tuner tires, but I don't remember who.

The Pegasus 18 Michelin Pilots sold by Scale Dreams may work; they're essentially the same tire that is in Tamiya 350Z kits.

The stock front tires, and stock tires from AMT/Polar Lights kits like the Ford GT and 2004/2005 Pontiac GTO's are a perfect fit for the Revell tuner wheels; and more realistic sidewalls.

Someone was making aftermarket repops of Revell's thin tuner tires, but I don't remember who.

try Alan from Ma's resin

a quick peek at his website shows an array of different tires that look like they oughta fit