Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why do so few vote on MCM polls ?

People are either interested in the poll topic or they're not. Pretty simple.

Just because someone posts a poll on a topic that interests them doesn't mean it automatically interests everyone else.

Harry, you are so succinct, so terse.:(

Why do so few vote on the polls people post? I usually find an answer that works for me. I'm sure who ever took the time to post a poll, as well as most of the 100's of people that read the thread would be interested. So what gives?Just look at this recent poll

Some people don't care? Just a thought.

In this case, that might just be a good reason!! :P:lol:

My true thoughts are this, Greg, if polls were worded with topic titles that at least indicates it is or might be a poll, less people may read it in the first place. This poll you provided the link to just merely states "37 Ford truck grill", and if someone like me who tries to read new threads as they come up while I'm online or if you are looking in the new content and don't either look at the icon next to the thread title or just don't know what the poll icon looks like, a title like "37 Ford truck grille" can mean anything! A vague title like that can mean you are looking for one, maybe need information on how to detail one, it could be 1:1 reference pics for helping others detail one, the list can go on and on. The vague titles can lead to many views from people, like Mark said, could care less. If the title was at least something like "Poll:Who would be interested in a resin 37 Ford truck grille?", many less would have probably viewed the thread.

Oh, and by the way, only 20 people voted on it, and 7 of those don't care!! :lol::lol:

So, the answer is, nobody cares?

This just seems to fly in the face of what this board is about. Look at just about any response to a "Hi, I'm a newbe" post and most people will tell them what a great place this is to exchange ideas and information.

I look at a poll as nothing different from any other post asking for help, information, an opinion or ideas, except that it is much simpler, not requiring one to compose a written answer, simply respond to the little boxes provided. It can't get any easier than that,can it? Unless, you just don't care.:P

In the case of the poll thread in question, no I don't care!!

As I stated earlier, the thread title is poorly worded, and I'm sure the thread starter would rather have TRUE opinions rather than many hollow votes in the "Not even if I got it for free!" option. I don't see any reason this flies in the face of what this forum is about, because the poll in question is targeted to a niche market. I sure wouldn't want you to vote about a heavy truck cab or part if you don't build trucks, because your hollow "I don't care" vote might just discourage the caster from making something us truck modelers would kill to have!

Well,for me.most of what I see as a Poll.....I don't understand......so I don't answer.also,to me there is so much to look at,I don't have enouch time to look at it all,but that is a good thing to me.so Polls,I don't open or understand what some one wants to to know.I look at what is interesting to me.I at mostly other peoples models finshed or WIP pictures and read about what they are doing.what is a Poll for other then for some one to produce parts for others to buy.....which is ok but I most of the time......don't have time to read or answer it.Thanks,Chris

a poll thread is mearly a thread asking for others opinions in form of selection. A,B,C or D. it's your option to choose an opinion that the OP has put up.

i usually dont go on poll threads only cause i tend to just leave an opinion and forget to choose a box.

i usually dont go on poll threads only cause i tend to just leave an opinion and forget to choose a box.

That's funny because when I vote I tend to do the opposite. I decide my answer then scroll to see others answers and by the time I reply myself I have forgotten what I picked. That's why I don't vote on the "Real or Not" threads anymore.