Model Cars Magazine Forum

fortyniner

brett

Almost time for my clubs annual Hot Wheels night (9th June), so I thought I'd better start my car. Couldnt get anything close to what I wanted to do originally so looking through the stash I found this likely victim.

may011008.jpg

30 minutes later

may011009.jpg

and about an hour after that I called it a night

may011011.jpg

may011010.jpg

need to work on the spill plates for the wing but pretty happy for a couple hours work

Brett.......I have become to admire your talent.......you are very good at scratch building......I luv to follow along what you build..........I really like the way this build is coming along......and you are fast too.........that just shows that you luv building.......great stuff bud.

Thanks John, first fine day for a while so I threw some paint at it today, first colour is a dark purple nail polish

may011017.jpg

well that didnt come out very dark........so I put some candy purple over it

may011022.jpg

may011023.jpg

started on the frame

may011020.jpg

may011019.jpg

hopefully I can put the flames on tomorrow (using the ones from the revell merc special edition, they're pretty close).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, been really busy lately (and I'm so over that B) ) so no further in progress were taken, yet, was cleared and windows installed,chutes and zoomies fitted but no motor frontal at the moment but, here's how it looks all mocked up

june011068.jpg

june011069.jpg

A009750x544.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

went into production line mode and made up fuel pumps for 5 of the current doorslammer projects

july011114.jpg

working on trying to get 3 done today

july011130.jpg

july011113.jpg

july011136.jpg

since the hood is staying on I'm calling this one done ..........for now at least

july011139.jpg

new pics soon

• 4 weeks later...

This Merc' turned out real nice! I like the color on it, and decals are fitting nicely. Engine detailing looks good too. It's simply awesome build. Rearend looks good too. Great to see '49 Mercurys which aren't all built Customs... :lol: