Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are we done yet ?

Just saw the Saturn reference up there. Sorry. My bad.

:lol:;):blink:;)

Hey I LOVE my Saturn!

Best darn car I've ever had (I've owned it for over five years now) with practically ZERO troubles! Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but EVERYONE certainly knows what it is! :D

P3140174-vi.jpg

P3140175-vi.jpg

I really think GM shot themselves in the foot by getting rid of Saturn, but that's for another thread..................

Edited by MrObsessive

Guest Markus355

You can't be serious??? :blink:

Serious as a heart attack.

only good looking cars since then have come from maseratti, alfa romeo, and ferrari - and this is from a die hard chevy guy!

Foreign car manufacturers were the last to give up the ship, but they have in fact given up the ship . . . it's all one giant conglomerate of ######.

Of course, Ferrari still tries to sucker in the billionaires, but that's a niche market if there was one.

You can get leather seats done in skunk leather and bogwood teak done with a pinch of salted smelt from the Mediterranean, etc . . . you get the point.

Car design for the average person is dead! And personally I would not mind it at all if they brought back the YUGO . . . :blink:

Why do I say this?

Because I would still buy USED cars!

Which is why I've found it funny--I'm sure you guys have seen those commercials--where they put a '59 Caddy next to a brand new Caddy, and I'm thinking . . . wow, what a bad idea for selling the new Caddy. Between the two, I will always opt for the '59. Even blindfolded, I would still go for the '59.

Yes, I agree, all the new cars are the same, which is why I ride a motorcycle! :lol:

mechanical or juice brakes?? No disks of course...:blink:

53fl.jpg

I prefer the excitement that mechanical brakes give......will they work ??????;) ;) :D

Hey I LOVE my Saturn!

Best darn car I've ever had (I've owned it for over five years now) with practically ZERO troubles! Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but EVERYONE certainly knows what it is! :blink:

I wouldn't have been able to name that car if you offered me a million bucks to do so... :lol:

As a child of the fifties and early sixties we used to play a game in the evening.

Identify as many cars as you could just by looking at their brake lights.

Couldn't do that today, they all look the same.

Back then we at least had style.

Oh, I'm pretty good at spotting what's what in my rearview mirror at night by the head and parking lamps. Impalas, Chargers, Crown Vics, Caprices... you know, cop cars! :P

Guest Johnny

Ummm, in 2011, $48k is more a down payment on a house in most places...at least any place nice...

Give the housing bust a little more time and it'll get down there!:P

im 30 years old. im the one of the youngsters here. obviously im no child of the past, but i gotta agree. american cars from the 50's 60's and some from the 70's were great looking cars, but i too like my foreign cars. mainly toyota and nissan/datsuns from the late 60 to mid 80's.

yesterday there was a nicely built 67 camaro, absolute beauty comparted to the crowd of 2000 chryslers and chevy impalas. just stands from the crowd.

i would love to one day own a 66 chevy nova. but until that day comes, im gonna be happy with my 80's toyota econo boxes.

I love the 50's-70's era but that's where I grew up. If you ask my dad he thinks they all went to heck after "the war" (the big one). Kids growing up now will cherish a 2007 Yota or Saturn when everyone's in their electric flying cars! B)

I know I'm only 16, but I must say I do love classic cars. 60's Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, and Challengers are truly icons of that era in my opinion... but for no good cars now?

chevy-camaro-bumblebee-picture-24338.jpg

89ee8_2008-Dodge-Viper-SRT10-ACR-20.jpg

super-snake-mustang11.jpg

challenger_srt10_concept_001_opt.jpg

Pagani_Zonda.jpg

ferrari%20enzo.jpg

Rinspeed-Porsche-2.jpg

To each their own. I respect that. And if this thread was of more American cars I apologize too, but I think car designers are having a "renaissance," please don't mention the 90's B):D

I think those spider-leg headers gotta go, but over all, I REALLY like this rod. It took a lot of imagination, talent, and know how. I don't know about any of you, but I can't weld my way out of a wet paper bag, so I'm certainly not in a position to critique someone elses work. Unlike a lot of the rusty junk people are passing off as a rat rod, this one looks mechanically & structurally safe. Those whacked out valve cover .....umm....covers and snorkel are obviously NOT trying to fool anyone, but make an artistic statement. I dig it. You don't have to like a piece of art to appreciate the effort it took to accomplish. This looks like something Cranky would have done, except in 1:1 scale. And if he had done it we'd all be ooo'ing and ah'ing like we normally do, and deservedly so. Yet, because this is 1:1, and it wasn't built by a guy you know, you guys feel free to bash the work? Sometimes I just don't know about this forum. If there wasn't such excellent work and know-how here, I'd have split a long time ago. Shame on you.

16ford1.jpg?t=1306131237

Edited by Jantrix

Sometimes I just don't know about this forum. If there wasn't such excellent work and know-how here, I'd have split a long time ago. Shame on you.

So you're knocking anyone who's opinion of this car doesn't agree with your opinion?

Shame on you.

Yet, because this is 1:1, and it wasn't built by a guy you know, you guys feel free to bash the work?

Just out of curiosity, I went back and re-read every single post in this thread. There was exactly ONE post that was critical of the car in question. ONE. And that poster said that he thought the car was ugly, which of course he has every right to think.

Sorry, but I guess I missed the "bashing" you seem to be so upset about. :)