Model Cars Magazine Forum

SCION XB

Interesting build, I drove one for 6yrs and have looked for a model for a long time. Where did you get yours and how is the quality? Keep up the great work and I'll be following this one.

I GOT IT OFF EBAY. i TYPED IN VANS AND IT CAME UP IN JAPAN THEY ARE CALLED bb ITS A VERY GOOD KIT ITS A TAM.KIT

lookin' good will watch this one.

I have the real thing been in several Scion clubs. "TSE DALLAS" I AM WAITING FOR MY 2 KITS FROM MY BUDDY IN SOCAL.FUN CARS

B):lol::D :D

My brother had one and it was fun to drive and had more Space in it than you would think lol. And my buddy drives one thats has won a lot of awards for his Neons and sterio system.

Very cool build. Just like a few here. I also have a couple of the Tamiya bB kits in which I will be building one of my 1:1 xB that is my daily driver.....

here is my xB....

Picture299.jpg

Picture298.jpg

Cool looking XB my brother had a blue one ill have to see if i can get pics of it. Still trying what to do to the inside of it color wise

Cool looking XB my brother had a blue one ill have to see if i can get pics of it. Still trying what to do to the inside of it color wise

Yeah Definitely post some pics of it if you find some, would love to see it.

@ Chris-Nice box. When you build it you should try to make that hood and reproduce the NOTW sticker.Always loved that solar yellow release series color. :lol:

Jason.... Trust me I already have plans on scratch building the bBist hood to make it look like that. I even picked up some Sacle Motor Sports Carbon fiber decals and I also picked up a different Tamiya race car kit since it had the same exact wheels as I have on my ride. I am also going to scratch build the spoiler too. I need to mess around and try to duplicate some stickers and try to print my own decals.

Edited by Mooneyzs

that paint looks good on there.

we call these toasters. i went to toyotafest earlier in may, there was a guy that actually dressed it up as a toaster. even had couple of slices of bread mounted to the roof..pretty funny stuff.

sucks to hear about your work, hope everything works out for you.

that paint looks good on there.

we call these toasters. i went to toyotafest earlier in may, there was a guy that actually dressed it up as a toaster. even had couple of slices of bread mounted to the roof..pretty funny stuff.

sucks to hear about your work, hope everything works out for you.

Lol thats sound pretty cool. Yea thats what we call them here to is the toasters. I will have another update in a few hrs got some more done last night and thanks on the paint comment

• 2 weeks later...

That is looking great! You have done a nice job so far. On a side note sorry to hear that your work is cutting your job. I have been in your shoes before and the two times I have been laid off work in the past year and half, I kept myself busy with building my models to help keep my mind off things.

Everytime I look at this thread it inspires me to get working on building a copy of my 1:1 xB

That is looking great! You have done a nice job so far. On a side note sorry to hear that your work is cutting your job. I have been in your shoes before and the two times I have been laid off work in the past year and half, I kept myself busy with building my models to help keep my mind off things.

Everytime I look at this thread it inspires me to get working on building a copy of my 1:1 xB

YES IT IS TRUE KEEP BUILDING. LOOKIN GREAT TO BY THE WAY JASON

ON ANOTHER NOTE MY 1:1 WAS REARENDED LAST SUNDAY BY A 2011 FORD F350 .MY BABY IS WRINKLED SO NOW DO I BUILD THE MODEL LIKE THAT(WRECKED) OR AS A SHOW PEACE ????

Edited by chev12olet