Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Eleanor transkit available?

• 6 months later...

I've been looking for an Eleanor kit for some time. A friend of mine bought the one from Germany. Nice kit, but not available - didn't help me at all. Researched a little and saw the name Greg Wann. After a few email exchanges, I have to tell you it was comfortable. I told Greg of my intentions and he wanted to send me a kit, on him. If you recall my days writing "Four Barrels, Four Speeds and Horsepower, I never accepted anything for free. I wanted to feel the pain everyone did, in buying something and working with it. 

My package arrived in no time! I was more than pleased with his casting and the "look" of the model. Greg even tossed in a body he cast, for fun. 

I have no reservations in recommending Greg and his Eleanor transkit. I hope to do a detailed how-to, eventually. I already have my Gravity Paint for the model, plus a bunch of required parts. Just need to locate some tires.

Greg...thanks for your courtesy and prompt service! It has been a pleasure!

I've been looking for an Eleanor kit for some time. A friend of mine bought the one from Germany. Nice kit, but not available - didn't help me at all. Researched a little and saw the name Greg Wann. After a few email exchanges, I have to tell you it was comfortable. I told Greg of my intentions and he wanted to send me a kit, on him. If you recall my days writing "Four Barrels, Four Speeds and Horsepower, I never accepted anything for free. I wanted to feel the pain everyone did, in buying something and working with it. 

My package arrived in no time! I was more than pleased with his casting and the "look" of the model. Greg even tossed in a body he cast, for fun. 

I have no reservations in recommending Greg and his Eleanor transkit. I hope to do a detailed how-to, eventually. I already have my Gravity Paint for the model, plus a bunch of required parts. Just need to locate some tires.

Try Scale Productions again, they are doing another run of them now from what I hear..

https://www.facebook.com/scaleproduction/photos/br.AbobzFicodAByFBTNy3y96d2EkmMvosPgqcNiBolBT3O6RUjKbV9X0rWKFl5whbN-yswgOjwAr1xE0BtveOJZiJ8xbwM-_CTeK1sJboj2C-_39_CiBnFaYpwTClssISxSIGz_Vj86nG2WCEnnf3JQMlggNuFT-EGsVIW4HOrhlStKEzLzv4bywXYhLl-VNAEKnk/1467137469979481/?type=3&theater

Edited by Mike Chernecki

You are very welcome.  It is nice to know that you find my work satisfactory.  Yes, I do think I sent you a experimental clear body, glad you like it as well.  I have a guy helping me with a master 39 Ghost Pontiac from the Worlds Fair.  Don't tell anybody though, it's a secret.  Because I have a job too, I am not always the fastest at getting items made and sent out though.  I prefer not to accept payment until your item is ready to be mailed.  I don't want to be "THAT GUY"!  I know for most of you that you work hard for a paycheck and money is tight.  I think I keep my pricing in a Acceptable amount too.  I have seen some resin kits that I would be ashamed of selling.  An item that does not turn out well usually gets put in the box for free.  You can either fix it and enjoy it or use it for paint sampling, it is better than being in my trash.  I do send bodies out that have tiny bubbles on the lower edges but most of you expect this and know how to easily deal with it.  It is pretty common.

Thank you,

Greg Wann

mastercaster1@cox.net

Like Mike stated above Scale Productions is doing another run. I dont think he's announced when it will be, but I would assume soon, he's been putting a few teaser shots up on his FB page. 

I also have a body from Greg and it is very good. And Greg is a pleasure to deal with. As far as tires go, I got a set from Scale Production

http://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p1817_17--tires-tread.html

pretty sure these are the same as the TK ones. 

Looking forward to your build.

David

• 8 months later...

Has anyone reproduced the aluminum card to this transkit.     I have an original kit from Scale Productions but unfortunately thru the years I have seamed to misplace the card....LOST IT!!!!!

Anyone want to sell their card...This was my last memory of it back in 2009

Picture054.jpg

Has anyone reproduced the aluminum card to this transkit.     I have an original kit from Scale Productions but unfortunately thru the years I have seamed to misplace the card....LOST IT!!!!!

Anyone want to sell their card...This was my last memory of it back in 2009

Picture054.jpg

Contact Michael at Scale Productions directly. He just did another run last year and could have some extras lying around. By aluminum card I assume you mean the PE sheet? 

I built Greg's resin of Eleanor and it is a really nice trans kit to build!!!!! I hope no one has any doubts of ordering from him!!!!! He has great product and is a great guy to deal with!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with him!!!!! Along with that I've also seen photos from him with the convertible Eleanor!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to get that one some year myself and build a twin!!!!! 

guys yall need to check out rocky (excrewchief) an greg wanns site..they are both great people to deal with..an there resin is excelant....   resinmodelcasting.proboards.com       I speek from experance...yall also need to join there forum...oldr-n-drt

Yes, We still make a few parts.  We just about have all the molds made to create the Convertible version that Raoul C. created for a what if build.  This kit has the two door panels, two piece back seat, a roll bar, two sun visors, four wheels, four wheel trim rings, a gas cap, a hood, and some headlights.  Works with AMT ERTL kit 6633.  This kit is getting a bit hard to find though.  The body I am making is very nice.  Rocky was pleased that it was about a five minute cleanup.  The flash is quite thin and pops out quickly and cleanly.

Let me echo comments by George B. and Dr. Kerry.  I, too, have one of Greg Wann's Eleanor transkits . . . and SEVERAL other of his resin castings, bodies and parts alike.  Everything he delivers is exceptional quality ~~ otherwise he doesn't send it out.  Buy with confidence.  He's not only an excellent caster, he's a genuinely nice, ethical guy. 

FYI - Around here, we call him "The Master Caster" ~~~ for good reason.

Does Greg Wann have a website to buy from or am I confused and it's the same as Scale Productions?

yes it's a copy, how do I know, I had both. Just wish I could access my photobucket account as the photos to prove it are there. What I can't get my head around is all the people bitchin on this forum about recasting yet no one is bitchin over this one, I have come to the conclusion that if the original caster is not associated with this forum it's ok to copy their work, scale reproductions is the superior product 

pm sent

yes it's a copy, how do I know, I had both. Just wish I could access my photobucket account as the photos to prove it are there. What I can't get my head around is all the people bitchin on this forum about recasting yet no one is bitchin over this one, I have come to the conclusion that if the original caster is not associated with this forum it's ok to copy their work, scale reproductions is the superior product 

Pm sent

Edited by DrKerry

Of course Scale Reproductions is the superior product.  Their original kit supplied a photo etch set and nice white metal parts and tires and decals, etc, etc.  Well worth what I paid.  I only do a handful of parts and you are only the second person in probably 8 years or so to point that out.  Nobody has ever told me not to do it.  I figure I offer enough parts to make it real pain in the ass to build it as it should be built.  For me, I would think the grille would be the biggest problem to create.  I do stand guilty as charged!  But it doesn't keep people from all over the world seeking to acquire one.  They have gone to Germany, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Canada, South Korea, Australia and other countries I can't name now.  Yes, It's a great seller.  A Holy Grail indeed.  I am also guilty of stealing from AMT, MPC and other original companies just like Modelhaus started doing many years ago.  Art Anderson was another guy besides Bob and Polly Zetterman who helped Don and carol get started in the casting business.  I'm sure I will look good in orange.  JUST THE FACTS MAAM!

Edited by Greg Wann

Yes, We still make a few parts.  We just about have all the molds made to create the Convertible version that Raoul C. created for a what if build.  This kit has the two door panels, two piece back seat, a roll bar, two sun visors, four wheels, four wheel trim rings, a gas cap, a hood, and some headlights.  Works with AMT ERTL kit 6633.  This kit is getting a bit hard to find though.  The body I am making is very nice.  Rocky was pleased that it was about a five minute cleanup.  The flash is quite thin and pops out quickly and cleanly.

Just wanted to point out that the donor kit AMT 67 Shelby GT-350 was rereleased recently (amt800/12) and is much easier to find!

I only commented because of all those bitchin over some person called Pedro copying Modelhaus products and I have seen bitchin about the copying of others products, imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I'd buy another GW Eleanor 

I only commented because of all those bitchin over some person called Pedro copying Modelhaus products and I have seen bitchin about the copying of others products, imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I'd buy another GW Eleanor 

Well, thank you, Phil.  I do appreciate the compliment, Especially since I now know that it is one.  Imitation IS the greatest form of flattery.  The green pieces of paper with pictures of dead presidents tell me that quite often.  LOL  Got a email from Ron Lambert of Rhode Island.  He will be sending me his mastered parts of a 69 Olds Vista Cruiser tomorrow.  Upon receipt of this project I will take it to Mike Schnur to have him give it a look.  Mike knows a good deal about real cars and building real custom cars too.  Rocky is very good at it too.

No offense to Greg, his work is excellent and I appreciate what he does for us mere mortal modelers, I just have to ask a question to the general population. The question is, what is the fascination with a car from a lame movie with poor acting? The car is not a Shelby that they ruined, it is a standard 67-68 Mustang that they ruined. Why all the adulation?

People's fascination with silly car movies in general amazes me. The Fast and the Furious franchise is an example of what I consider an anti-car movie. They perform stunts that are often physically impossible, maybe aided by CGI and they ruin multiple real cars for each movie. Anyone have a count of how many 1:1 original Dodge Chargers were trashed and totaled for Dukes of Hazzard?? I just can't understand why we accept all that.

I really liked the newer movie and I love 67 Shelbys so it was just a natural for me. The car was treated like a character in the film. It was his nemesis. The wild stallion that could not be tamed so to speak. The main character always wanted his own but seem to always get busted steeling one. He finally got his in the end.

As for the fact that so many movie clones were made and the demand was so high for them blows my mind. Plus watching some of the clones sell for more money that the real Shelbys is crazy.