Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Hey fellas I know its been a fews days sence Ive made an update , but with the camera down and the soldering iron kicking the bucket I didnt have much to do. But I decieded to get some work done on the body and start the motor. so heres a few pics to get the show back on the road.

cutbody001.jpg

cutbody002.jpg

cutbody003.jpg

heres the motor pieces , not sure how many of them I will actually be using but its a start. lol i burned the corner of my engine block with my soldering gun, also took out two fingers at the same time LOL!

ProModMotor.jpg

these are the rims that forum memeber Micro Nitro is turning for me.

1-16_wheels_semi_024.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come B) ...................

Edited by Aftashox

OK... this is thread #3 I'm going to be a pest about. First Randy & his Rat Rod. Then Eric and that `64 Dodge... now Rommel.

The scratch building on the frame is inspirational! I built a motorcycle frame from brass once and thought THAT was a challenge! You guys are amazing.......... I can't wait for further updates to see your Daytona done. Awesome workmanship!

Now let's take up a collection for Rommel's new soldering gun.... coolgleam.gif

OK... this is thread #3 I'm going to be a pest about. First Randy & his Rat Rod. Then Eric and that `64 Dodge... now Rommel.

The scratch building on the frame is inspirational! I built a motorcycle frame from brass once and thought THAT was a challenge! You guys are amazing.......... I can't wait for further updates to see your Daytona done. Awesome workmanship!

Now let's take up a collection for Rommel's new soldering gun.... coolgleam.gif

Please feel free to send all donations to.......... LOL! Thx John for your most gracious complimentB)

Edited by Aftashox

There are those that build models. I am in that class. you can at least tell what it is supposed to be.

Then there are those that build a model and it looks so real that it's hard to believe it just a model.

Then there are guys like you.

The models you build are so real they should start and run.

The artistry and craftsmanship is so over the top it beggars description.

There are those that build models. I am in that class. you can at least tell what it is supposed to be.

Then there are those that build a model and it looks so real that it's hard to believe it just a model.

Then there are guys like you.

The models you build are so real they should start and run.

The artistry and craftsmanship is so over the top it beggars description.

<--------------Um........Rarely am i left without words to say. I'll keep it simple. Thank You.

I would like to post a small update if you can call it that or more of a showing of things recieved and things started. I recieved a bunch of stuff from my buddy Robert at RB Motions , and now I can begin detailing some of the parts im now working on. enjoy.^_^

some of the parts from RB motion and a motor mockup to check for fittment

rbmotionparts001.jpg

rbmotionparts005.jpg

getting some work done on the brass Lenco tranny just need to smooth a few things outrbmotionparts006.jpg

rbmotionparts003.jpg

And here ive drilled the holes and cleaned up the rear end and i'll be painting it today and getting all the details on it.

rbmotionparts004.jpg

Stay tunned

Geesh, I broke a window frame twice lately, and your making your own tranny and frame etc without a hickup, I think i'll go practice skipping or something LMAO :D Really awesome build!!!

I break window frames too , those darn things are the hardest part of model building LOL! Thx Ron for your witty compliment :P

Hey Fellas I have another update today ! Wow 2 in 1 day i must be doin something right LOL! Anyway I have the rearend housing painted up and bolted down . hope you enjoy!

housing has a fresh coat of Alclad burnt steel on it.

rearend001.jpg

this is a 3 piece housing

rearend002.jpg

And here she is all put together just need to bolt her up.....

rearend003.jpg

Bolted up .....used a whole pack of .042 hex bolt from RB Motion on this puppy....

rearend004.jpg

hope you enjoyed!......:lol:

rearend005.jpg

Hey Romell...doin' well. Wrappin' up the Dodge...STILL! I spend most my forum time at ORM---http://offroadmodels.proboards.com/index.cgi and now here. I can't believe some of the incredible work bein' done here on these large scale drag cars. OK, carry on Romell.

Ok I had to edit this post. I checked out "The Dodge" via your photobucket account that thing is awesome! You need to post that baby here Brother!

Edited by Aftashox

Hey thx fellas for you kind words as usual your compliments are aways incouraging.

Well I worked all day on the rear end four link braces and im fairly pleased with the outcome. I also got my custom wheels turned by Forum member Micro Nitro he did an outstanding job too. I got some decal I purchased from slixx but i'll have to up scale them to 1/16 because these are for 1/24 scale. AND i got my c arbon fiber decal from scale motor sports. So things are starting to look good for building. I hope you enjoy this small update......B)

heres what im starting with for the 4 link brackets.....

4linkbraces005.jpg

I started by cutting and clamping four small pieces of aluminum sheet together and drawing the pattern for the braces on the top one. this is done so all the braces will be the same size and accurate.

4linkbraces006.jpg

ok once the general shape is cut out I can file smooth and then drill hole through all four pieces , this insures allignment and a uniform apperance. By the way drilling 12 holes through four pieces of .032 aluminum sheet is not fun and takes all day.

4linkbraces008.jpg

ok now i have my ruff braces the four are still stuck together at this point , but just check out the differance between the aluminum and the resin.

4linkbraces011.jpg

here are the pieces semi cleaned up and almost ready to install.....

4linkbraces012.jpg

stay tunned for more to come.