Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Thanks Tyrone at this point im excited cause its almost done .

Thanks Charlie Im tryin to keep up with ol pros like yourself

:lol: :lol: :lol: good one Rom...hahahaha.............................OK i'm getting up off the floor now :D

Charlie

Pro Tech

Chutes look great Rom, i was wondering how to do the chutes. Now i know.

Joe thats why we post here in the forums so others can learn from what we know. Thx for your compliment buddy.

Nice work on the chute handles. they look great. Man I cant believe you are almost done with this build. I cant wait to see the paint on this one.

Chris is been a long journey for sure im kinda sad its comming to an end :huh: .....no im not!

Hey fellas I have a small update .....well not really small cause its gonna take a few post but I mean small in the size of the parts LOL!

Anyway I needed to make the throttle linkage so heres what i did.

I used solder to make most of the parts for this because its solt but sterdy and easy to form

throttlelinkage001.jpg

Using my neddle nose I flated a small piece of solder to the size I needed it to be....

throttlelinkage002.jpg

Then it was drilled and a slit was cut into it with an exacto blade ......

throttlelinkage005.jpg

heres the final piece after hardware was added......

throttlelinkage007.jpg

ok the next piece is in the next section......

Ok so were back and the next piece I had to make will be attached to the throttle cable so I needed an "L" lever I used the solder again and used the same proceedure to make it.

throttlelinkage008.jpg

this is before I cut it away and final shaped it...

throttlelinkage010.jpg

I had to make one more bracket that will hold the whole assembly together also made form solder...

throttlelinkage011.jpg

ok here the pieces comming together....

throttlelinkage013.jpg

Here you can see it all put together

throttlelinkage015.jpg

throttlelinkage016.jpg

Now I just need to find some 1/16th scale throttle cable , Cya on the next one B)

Oh man Im getting excited all thats left is finish the fire suppression system , front brakes and paint the body ( i think :blink: ) as long as I dont find something I forgot along the way (which I always seem to do) . The body work is pretty much finished just a blemish or two to fix then I can spray.

here's the latest I got all the lines throttle , brake, etc. and i got the floor pan installed heres the pics

floorpanels004.jpg

floorpanels002.jpg

floorpanels003.jpg

Look out for the solder cobra !

floorpanels005.jpg

Awesome idea for the linkage! Those little victories are just as impressive as the big parts. Also did a great job with the bending of the floor. The angled fuel lines coming off the hat is another fave part for me. It's going to take some time to dig out from that work area!! Edited to change pig parts to big parts!!

Edited by jmpsebring

Thanks for the pics and encouragement fellas just a small update, I made a rear deck spoiler it helps smooth out the transition between the rear deck and the chute rig enjoy.

rearspoiler001.jpg

the chutes are on temperary so I can fab some other things up

rearspoilerII001.jpg

rearspoilerII002.jpg

Looks good huh? Hey what if.......nah!!!

rearspoiler002.jpg