Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

• 2 months later...

hey thx Davin!

Hey Fellas I decieded to cut my lenco tranny into pieces so i could detail it, but in do so It seemed to me that i could make a better tranny altogether. At first I planned to make it from styrene but a quick trip to my work shop and i found out I didnt have any left. So heres the new plan fab the entire transmission from brass! Can it be done? We'll soon see. Enjoy! B)

heres the resin tranny pictured

chassis007.jpg

after i cut it up.

LencoTranny001.jpg

these are the materials i'll use to build the new tranny...

LencoTranny002.jpg

four differant sizes were cut from two differant sizes of brass tube.

LencoTranny003.jpg

I cut round plates which will later be shaped as the connection or mounting plates for each section. (sorry its blurry)

LencoTranny004.jpg

here im beginning to solder the end caps on, I think my soldering gun is poopin out on me.............

LencoTranny005.jpg

I'll have more for you soon , gotta go buy a new soldering gun so i can continue.........cya soon. B)

Just found this thread on your build Rom. Amazing work Brother! Yeah, I don't blame you for doing your own tranny. I mastered that one for Terry back in 1998 or so and I knew it was rough around the edges plus I always knew the bellhousing was incorrect for a more current Lenco. Just wanted to give folks something to start with. Terry at Flashpoint has encouraged me to do a new piece but I have been lollygagging. I'm hoping if I fiddle around long enough Terry or Paul Rowe will master one up! Either of their's would blow mine away anyhow! But I think we all wish we had a copy of the one you did for this project! You are a fantastic builder man, keep it up!-Mark

ORIGINALITY AND THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX HELP TO BUILD SOME OF THE COOLEST MODELS AND YOU NAILED IT MAN-CONGRATULATIONS AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE.ALSO SOME OF YOUR OWN CREATIVE WORK HELPS OTHERS TO LEARN AND GIVE THEM IDEAS-YOU NEVER STOP LEARNING---THANX

ORIGINALITY AND THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX HELP TO BUILD SOME OF THE COOLEST MODELS AND YOU NAILED IT MAN-CONGRATULATIONS AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE.ALSO SOME OF YOUR OWN CREATIVE WORK HELPS OTHERS TO LEARN AND GIVE THEM IDEAS-YOU NEVER STOP LEARNING---THANX

Hey thanks man I just love the challange of a good build. And if my ideas can help someone else along the way then thats an extra bonus! Glad you enjoyed the ride and like you I neer stop learning. B)

It is the best model I've ever seen but then again this isn't a model, IT'S A WORK OF ART!!!!

I consider every modeller here that can open a box and put the pieces together an artist, and all our collective works make for one heck of an art collection.... Thanks for the compliment my friend

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow its been a long time since i finished this and I have to admit I just went back thru this to get myself motivated to get on my new project AND IT WORKED!!

I also want to bump this back to the top for a couple of my new friends to see. Good to be back in the labB)

• 2 weeks later...