Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Beautiful Craftsmenship!!!

Great Body Work & Amazing Detailing, Thanks for Sharing... :)

Thanks Ira I really enjoy your creations too.

Great progress Rommel! I like your solution for the brake line junction w/fittings.

BTW: Great looking couple you guys are. And as you said, if she can cook as good as she looks, you got it all Dude!

Thank you John I couldnt really find any reference for the brake lines , and i know that the builders probably would have used spliters at the calipers but this looks better than what I had set up. Thank you both for your compliments

Rommell, the chassis shot with tires on looks great.

Thanks Wayne if you like that shot I have a treat for you LOL!

I recieved my bell housing in the mail from Jim aka MicroNitro @ Http://www.micronitro.net And might I add it was beautiful, I coulda installed it as is but you know me I gotta put the touch on everything LOL! here are a few pics of the tranny build or should I say rebuild.

The bell housing when it arrived

Trannyinstall001.jpg

I needed to make an inspection door... I used a photo etched piece I found in my parts box

Trannyinstall002.jpg

Holes drilled in the bellhousing .....for bolt details

Trannyinstall005.jpg

once I was done with the detailing of the bell I realized I need to make a better reverse handle

Trannyinstall006.jpg

Stay tuned for more in just a few.....

Heres a overview of where the build is now.....

overview002.jpg

This Pic right here is just out right killer! Great job on getting her to this point, I am sure you were very satisfied when you got to this point in the build.

wheelsattached010.jpg

Getting closer to paint time, if I can just get some good weather...... B)

Hey Rom.... so looking at this picture again after you moved your master cylinder, you have it running the right direction now (perpendicular to the pedal mount), but it looks like you have it mounted backwards. Where your reservoirs are they should be facing the other direction, so your Slave Cylinder can come out of the back side of the master cylinder and connect to your brake pedal. I know you have gone to a lot of work getting it mounted, so not sure if this is something you are even wanting to worry about at this point in your build. I can't tell from the pic, are you good with the two lining up to connect the two once fixed?

The other thing, I really like these wheels that you and Joe are using very unique.... One thing that I noticed and even on my front tires is that darn chunk that Flashpoint took out. I wish he wouldn't have done that, the tires is pretty much not repairable with just sanding. Thinking of getting that RC black CA glue that is rubberized and seeing if I can fill in that missing chunk of the tire and round it out some.. may give that a try as well and see if that works for you. I think it is called CA 1000 or 2000 something like that. It looks like a thick black rubber goo... :)

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Hey Rom.... so looking at this picture again after you moved your master cylinder, you have it running the right direction now (perpendicular to the pedal mount), but it looks like you have it mounted backwards. Where your reservoirs are they should be facing the other direction, so your Slave Cylinder can come out of the back side of the master cylinder and connect to your brake pedal. I know you have gone to a lot of work getting it mounted, so not sure if this is something you are even wanting to worry about at this point in your build. I can't tell from the pic, are you good with the two lining up to connect the two once fixed?

The other thing, I really like these wheels that you and Joe are using very unique.... One thing that I noticed and even on my front tires is that darn chunk that Flashpoint took out. I wish he wouldn't have done that, the tires is pretty much not repairable with just sanding. Thinking of getting that RC black CA glue that is rubberized and seeing if I can fill in that missing chunk of the tire and round it out some.. may give that a try as well and see if that works for you. I think it is called CA 1000 or 2000 something like that. It looks like a thick black rubber goo... :)

Oh not to worry Bart the cylinder is the correct way , And I know what you mean about the tires fortunately on this set I wasnt missing material from the tire it was actually raised a bit so I was able to sand it down level, the only draw back is that theres no tread there, which isnt really a problem cause I just make sure that part of the tire is facing down. B)

Hey fellas I got a lil done today between cooking , shopping and watching a movie. Anyway I set out to get the digital dash made up atleast I got it about 85% done I also primered the body but that only pointed out more work needed to be done. So I'll post what I did get done please keep in mind this isnt finished yet so things might change by tomarrows post. I hope you enjoy !

to make the digital dash I started with these materials

digitaldash001.jpg

I drew my pattern then cut it out

digitaldash002.jpg

then this piece was soldered on....

digitaldash003.jpg

once soldered it was shaved down to form a sorta visor

digitaldash005.jpg

then a small piece of brass wire was added for the bottom trim ....

digitaldash007.jpg

please stay tuned for more......

ok im back with more....

I wanted the piece to have more depth so I soldered a thin piece of brass to the back of it.

digitaldash008.jpg

Heres the back after a small amount of shaping...

digitaldash009.jpg

Heres what the front looks like after polishing a bit

digitaldash010.jpg

Sort of a side view.so you can see the visor

digitaldash011.jpg

And finally a little paint added still have a few things to do but you get the idea of what im doing now....I hope :huh:

digitaldash012.jpg

I'll be taking the piece of glass out tomarrow as it was made too small...

digitaldash013.jpg

cya on the next update! B)