64 chevy WIP

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Iam starting with this

140CA1CXBQ7.jpg

Iam a stepside truck nut so i traded my bed for a stepside bed (thanks Jeff) here is what my frame looks like, the wheels and tires are out of my parts box

64chevyframe1001.jpg

My interier

mymodel003.jpg

i noticed i missed a couple spots on the interier but they have been fixed. More to come

Edited by gray07

Posted · Report post

This is where iam now, i bought a resin hood off of ebay for this truck, ive never used anything in resin, the model is show without the resin hood

myitems001.jpg

Posted · Report post

Looks great. What made you decide on a resin hood?

Posted · Report post

Here is a picture with the resin hood, iam going to you this hood but i want to use the hindges from the kit hood, well since ive never used resin before , what kind of glue do i use to mount the hinges to the resin hood

64chevyhood001.jpg

Posted · Report post

Resin and CA go together like Step and Side. :P That's what I've always used with resin. Have yet to have any adheasion problems, Nice truck so far, I like the Cowl Induction hood on it.

Nick

Posted · Report post

cool truck is it gunna be flat black with a cool flame job. or somethig else instead i kinda wonder whats the diff. between a 64 and a 65 chevy p/u. any way cuse both looks the same to me.

Posted · Report post

nice truck

Posted · Report post

cool truck is it gunna be flat black with a cool flame job. or somethig else instead i kinda wonder whats the diff. between a 64 and a 65 chevy p/u. any way cuse both looks the same to me.

Not really much difference other than the shape and location of the side badging. Here's a good place to see the differences in them. http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery60-66.htm

Posted · Report post

I guess i need to get working on it again, i just lost interest

Posted (edited) · Report post

Please do keep working on it, I had a '66 Stepside and I love where you're going with this!

p.s. where did you find those tires and wheels? They look perfect.

Edited by LAV25

Posted · Report post

Tuff looking truck.It would look cool with gunmetal flames.

Posted · Report post

The wheels and tires came out of my parts box, so i really dont know the kit they came out of. thanks for the interest. Oh question, should i leave it flat black or do it white, i like both colors.

Posted · Report post

you can use super glue for resin.just rough up the surface of the the resin where you want to glue.then that will give the glue a nice surface to stick to.or you could use 5min epoxy from auto shops.........great looking truck btw.and it looks perfect in matt black.

rich

Posted · Report post

That interior looks excellent!