Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking to "spice" this model up a bit. Maybe adding a after market engine and photo-etched parts.

Any idea on an engine?

Anyone know where to get after market parts for trucks?

As far as the engine, look into the stuff from Replicas and Miniatures Company of Maryland. Norm sells a vast line of hop up parts for the flathead, and since he patterned them after the engine in the Monogram/Revell '50 Ford kit, they fit like a glove. He sells some other parts for the truck, too, and truck parts in general. Somebody sells a chopped cab for this kit, too, not sure if it's Norm or not.

Looking to "spice" this model up a bit. Maybe adding a after market engine and photo-etched parts.

Any idea on an engine?

Anyone know where to get after market parts for trucks?

Hey Keith......we bump again....great minds.....:lol: :lol: The current 50 ford kit comes with an Ardun head conversion of the old flathead.The Ardun is a kool motor in its own right, but from experience this kit will hold just about any motor....I'm using a small block 302 ford (Revell 32 sedan) in my latest 50 PU.....and I have a 427 SOHC in a 56 F100.

IMG_1809.jpg

85-7203-med.jpg

You tell me what I did to change up these two trucks....same kit :huh:;)

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

Hey Keith......we bump again....great minds.....:D :D The current 50 ford kit comes with an Ardun head conversion of the old flathead.The Ardun is a kool motor in its own right, but from experience this kit will hold just about any motor....I'm using a small block 302 ford (Revell 32 sedan) in my latest 50 PU.....and I have a 427 SOHC in a 56 F100.

IMG_1809.jpg

85-7203-med.jpg

You tell me what I did to change up these two trucks....same kit ;) ;)

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

Bro that is scary weird!!!! I like what you did with the bed. Nice change up. Also the tailpipes arent stock but are sweet. Did you drop it a tad?

Also love the color.

What do you think about a Gibson engine in this?

Bro that is scary weird!!!! I like what you did with the bed. Nice change up. Also the tailpipes arent stock but are sweet. Did you drop it a tad?

Also love the color.

What do you think about a Gibson engine in this?

Ross makes some big motors..verry kool..but you will need bigger wheels, tires , and brakes....ever hear of Pegasis??:D :D ;)

Thanks....only thing done on the bed was the cover...and the pipes with matching glasspacks are in the box...Yeah it had a major drop, c notched and flipped axle out back and a rad dropped front.The big changes are the cab was chopped and sectioned with a pancaked hood ...all subtile and sorta easy to do...look for my wip

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

the best place to find parts for this truck would probably the modified stockers car hauler kit

its a 53 ford with custom fenders, headlight options and even a dodge desoto firedome engine

(here is mine with some custom touches, rims and stacks are dodge, the rest is all kit provided)

IMG00024-20090616-1922.jpg

IMG00022-20090616-1921.jpg

It's a Ford,lots to pick from through the years. It's a truck, lots of room for just about anything you come up with Just remember the old Hot Rod adage: If'n some is good, more is better, and too much should be just about right.B)

Edited by Greg Myers