Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who is the person at Round 2 that we should e-mail about model kit requests?

• 4 weeks later...

Mostly reissues, but they have some new stuff coming down the pike. For instance,not one, but TWO Batmobile kits, in snap and full detail form. They've also recently brought out kits of the new Challenger and Corvette, but if I'm not mistaken, those were done under the old RC2 regime. (Could be wrong on that note, though.)

Mark, I too would buy a 1939 Lincon Zephyr model . However having one in kit form ......... uh not likely . Heck, I would settle for some of A M T's Annuals like the 1959 Mercury convertable , mabye M P C's 1964 Corvette ....... Ed Shaver

Guest Markus355

i dunno, everyone is foaming at the mouth for revells traditional styled 48 ford kustom, a 39 lincoln kustom would sell like hot cakes to the same buyers

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly reissues, but they have some new stuff coming down the pike. For instance,not one, but TWO Batmobile kits, in snap and full detail form. They've also recently brought out kits of the new Challenger and Corvette, but if I'm not mistaken, those were done under the old RC2 regime. (Could be wrong on that note, though.)

Chuck, the new Challengers and Corvettes are all-new tools done under Round2, not RC2. Round2 has the promo contracts for those cars, and the kits are unassembled promos.

FYI, RC2 stopped kit production during 2006. Round2 took over AMT, MPC, and Polar Lights kits and started production in 2008. Year one for the new Dodge Challenger was 2008.

Chuck, the new Challengers and Corvettes are all-new tools done under Round2, not RC2. Round2 has the promo contracts for those cars, and the kits are unassembled promos.

FYI, RC2 stopped kit production during 2006. Round2 took over AMT, MPC, and Polar Lights kits and started production in 2008. Year one for the new Dodge Challenger was 2008.

Reeeley???? So the 300C, Escalade EXT,Concept Camaro and Fast/Furious Import kits must have been RC2's last hurrah.

Reeeley???? So the 300C, Escalade EXT,Concept Camaro and Fast/Furious Import kits must have been RC2's last hurrah.

You got that absolutely right, Chuck. Those were indeed the last new tools done under RC2's stewardship.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the jo-han kits like the cadillac hearse and ambulance,or AMTs chevette, pinto, or Pacers. And I'm not 100% sure but didn't the molds for the imperials get changed from year to year.but either way a 64 imperial would be great as long as it was the hardtop version

• 1 month later...