Model Cars Magazine Forum

How old is Revell's '29 Ford closed-cab pickup?

2 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

How do the parts pac engines fit in the Revell '29 PU ? since they only come with four bangers

Pretty much just like they do in the real world. They're all scaled correctly, or very close. You'll probably need to hack the firewall and floor for clearance, build custom engine and trans mounts, trans and driveshaft tunnels, possibly convert the driveline from closed to open (or convert the swapped-in trans to work with a torque-tube), make up new coolant lines, and build a custom exhaust system...plus the dozens of other details necessary to get it all right.

Easy peasy.  B)

6 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Besides being interested in building the closed cab version of this kit. I would love it they would reissue this kit with this box art. I love that old box art. Again selling the sizzle rather the steak. 

IMG_3678.JPG

Really, if you want art, buy a poster, but if they released a version with optional stock wheels, that would be pretty neat.

30 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Really, if you want art, buy a poster, but if they released a version with optional stock wheels, that would be pretty neat.

Buy a poster? And put it where? Where can I get one? And what's wrong with wanting a kit in box using the original box art? I don't get it when people make comments like the above. Sure it's minor. But I just don't get it? I'm not holding my breath waiting for Revell to do what I would like to them do, with this kit, or several others. But, why is it, if I express something like I did here, I'm told "if you want art, buy a poster?" 

I have not been posting a lot here over the last several months. But because of the Corona virus I've been unable to go to my regular job the last few weeks. I've been having fun sitting at home building models. And I thought it might be fun to share my enjoyment of the hobby, again on this sight. Negative "troll" comments, even minor ones,  like the one above make me question that decision. What to do? 

5 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Buy a poster? And put it where? Where can I get one? And what's wrong with wanting a kit in box using the original box art? I don't get it when people make comments like the above. Sure it's minor. But I just don't get it? I'm not holding my breath waiting for Revell to do what I would like to them do, with this kit, or several others. But, why is it, if I express something like I did here, I'm told "if you want art, buy a poster?" 

I have not been posting a lot here over the last several months. But because of the Corona virus I've been unable to go to my regular job the last few weeks. I've been having fun sitting at home building models. And I thought it might be fun to share my enjoyment of the hobby, again on this sight. Negative "troll" comments, even minor ones,  like the one above make me question that decision. What to do? 

Ignore it? -RRR

On 3/24/2020 at 8:40 AM, unclescott58 said:

Besides being interested in building the closed cab version of this kit. I would love it they would reissue this kit with this box art. I love that old box art. Again selling the sizzle rather the steak. 

IMG_3678.JPG

I'm with you Scott. This is one of my favorite pieces of box art of all time. I have several of the "rat rod" issue of this kit, but if Revell saw fit to offer this kit again with this artwork, i would buy one. Great parts kit

1 hour ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I'm with you Scott. This is one of my favorite pieces of box art of all time.

Count me in, too, but we're not alone: 

Then again, pretty much everything created by Jack Leynnwood appeals to me:

http://customrodder.forumactif.org/t3784-jack-leynnwood-1921-1999-the-rembrandt-of-revell-plastic-model-boxes

Back (sort of?) on topic, I have seen far worse discussion deviations than one member wishing for a poster or other box art based artwork. There have been some posters available over the years based on model car box art or similar, so check out this topic for more info:

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:40 AM, unclescott58 said:

I would love it they would reissue this kit with this box art. I love that old box art. Again selling the sizzle rather the steak. 

Fortunately, this is one of the rare kits that has contents equaling the appeal of the art  :wub:

... and yes, ignore the trolling; as Casey mentioned, lots of us share this affliction.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, unclescott58 said:

IMG_3678.JPG

Poster?  There WAS a poster.  This apparently predated the kit, note the different wheels on the rod version...

20200328_110658.jpg