Model Cars Magazine Forum

do they make a ford wt900 or 9000 70s or 80s

The Italeri kit is a LTL9000, and it's about a 1985 (give or take a little). There is currently no plastic kit of a WT9000. Personally, I think it would be a big hit. Anyway, that being said, The Back Yard Shed does offer a W9000 cab in resin. I've never seem one in person, but I've heard it's ok. There is rumor out that someone is making a W9000 cab in resin that will have some P/E. I'd like to see it because I want to make "The Blue Mule" from White Line Fever. We'll see.

I have been working on a 75-76 Ford WT9000 cabover for several years now. I am currently waiting on parts such as the grille and emblems to be drawn up for photo etching as well as a way to make the rear inside sleeper wall that has the raised letters spelling all the famous mountain passes. Unfortunately, having to wait for others to make these items,, I have no way of knowing when the cab will be available.

I have been working on a 75-76 Ford WT9000 cabover for several years now. I am currently waiting on parts such as the grille and emblems to be drawn up for photo etching as well as a way to make the rear inside sleeper wall that has the raised letters spelling all the famous mountain passes. Unfortunately, having to wait for others to make these items,, I have no way of knowing when the cab will be available.

• 2 years later...

Good news (finally :) ). I finished up the interior panels for my 76 WT9000 kit and the real sleeper wall is being made in brass photo etch right now. The brass piece will be glued to a piece of .063 styrene that makes up the rear wall of the new interior and will feature raised letters naming all the famous mountain passes. New pics here: http://www.public.fotki.com/lotso/ford-wt9000/

will these cabs be for sale?,I too always wanted to do a Blue Mule,seen the movie at the drive in when it first came out.Always loved those ford cabovers,however the drivers of them did not think a lot of them,supposedly real cold in the winter and hot in the summer,were mainly a fleet truck when new,not many owner operators had them. Harvey