Model Cars Magazine Forum

RAT ROD FRIDAYS!!!!!

deathskull59

I ratted (lol) a die-cast 1934 Ford some time ago.

Here it is "OOB":

p8251075.jpg

And here it is after I touched it:

p9200206.jpg

p9200208.jpg

p9200209.jpg

p9200210.jpg

p9200211.jpg

p9200212.jpg

p9200213.jpg

p9200221.jpg

p9200225.jpg¸

My weathering technique progressed a lot since this Ford and the very next rat that I'll work on will look much better. I hope... :unsure:

A few more of mine. (more detailed pics soon)

SAM_0482.jpg

Sorry for the lack of knowledge but, what cab is that? I love the look of it.

Lol I knew someone would ask, believe it or not it's a chopped up 39 Chevy Coupe less the trunk area. I think 39 chevs are ugly, so i ratted it and added some dualie white walls on the rear and a Tom daniels dropped drag axle and front runners to the stock frame, coupled with a 34 ford grille it came out quite good.

Edited by DiscoSpud

wow thanks guys for all the rat rods. i thought this thread was dead but its still growing and going strong. and the 37 rat rat truck has stoped in production i cant weather or not what kind of. tougth big tires and rims to use on it and needs more repairs. so i took a break from it and worked on my 60 chevy kit. that and lots more prdjects to fix and complet. sort of thiking of 4 dulles or 2 dulles. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chuck,

All of your rats are interesting to say the least, cutting the Corvair in half is great, now I have to build a 6 cylinder along that line, was wondering if you remembered where the headers for the 32 Chevy came from.

Thanks, Robert

ok then that was an accident . sorry that happed i thought it would post the other diff. pics also but i accidently posted 4 of the same pic of the nova. oh well im still kinda of new to useing photo bucket and posting pics on this site. never did it before. hopefully this errer doseint happing again.

thumbnail.jpg and last the real 32 ford. some day ill own that car and a 31 ford in the future. but now i would like to turn a 32 model kit into a 31 ford. if ya get the idea but their they are best of both worlds. also sorry about those 4 pics of the same nova that was a accident. Edited by deathskull59

Here are 2 rats that I built a few years ago from my spare parts box pieces. They're a little dusty which just weathers them a little more. I also included a picture of my 1:1 ratrod. It's my 29 Essex, small block mopar, 9" ford rear, mustang II front end. Daily driver. KenDSCF0652.jpgDSCF0653.jpgDSCF0654.jpgDSCF0655.jpg