Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1977 Jeep CJ-7 Offroader

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've have this built since last year and finally decided to post it up for everyone.

Added chromed (BMF) diamond plating in the back bed.

CJ701.jpg

CJ702.jpg

CJ703.jpg

I added a few extra things like a 4-point harness, support bar, and larger seats. Blitz cans in the back are red for gas and blue for water.

CJ704.jpg

CJ705.jpg

CJ706.jpg

Dual antennas for CB and scanner equipped, and advanced diamond plating for under-belly armor. Hard top is removable as well. Rollbar that came in the kit was way too flimsy, so I made my own out of sprue.

CJ707.jpg

CJ708.jpg

CJ709.jpg

A better shot of the belly armor. Shock points are protected as well as gas tank and transfer case. Also added a trailer hitch point on the bumper.

Definitely fun to build, although the engine bay to fender final assembly is really a pain. Comments welcome!

Edited by Drake69

Posted · Report post

Looks good! Love the detail you put into it. However it looks like the paint may have given you a little trouble on the edges (around the wheel flares for one). I would have painted the flares black to give a little contrast to the body as well.

Posted · Report post

Looks good! Love the detail you put into it. However it looks like the paint may have given you a little trouble on the edges (around the wheel flares for one). I would have painted the flares black to give a little contrast to the body as well.

I thought about doing that but I wanted to try and get away with an all-blue "Patriot Blue" look like my Cherokee.

Flat black fenders definitely look good tho. :lol:

Posted · Report post

Looks great, great detail

Posted · Report post

As always, Thanks!