Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hayabusa Drag Bike GSX1300 Turbo

Very Cool Derrick. Great start so far. I have to tell you, I have had an Idea for a drag bike for a while. just trying to figure out which would be the best kit to use. My plan is to start out with a Tamiya 1/12 scale bike kit and to scratch build a Pro Stock Bike Frame using the engine, modifying the body and well little scracth building. It's one thats in the thought process but not sure when I will get to it... :lol:

What kind of drag bike are you making? Because most stretched drag bikes don't have wheelie bars.....just lookin out for ya bud B)

download956953699.jpg

download95index2.jpg

Well it's not a Pro Stock, but i like the wheelie bar ( Looks Cool ) had them on my bike.

Very Cool Derrick. Great start so far. I have to tell you, I have had an Idea for a drag bike for a while. just trying to figure out which would be the best kit to use. My plan is to start out with a Tamiya 1/12 scale bike kit and to scratch build a Pro Stock Bike Frame using the engine, modifying the body and well little scracth building. It's one thats in the thought process but not sure when I will get to it... :)

The Tamiya are the best. My next one will be like this.

Needed a stick for the bike ( BAD ). I had rework the stock tire with a dremel, but still it looked like a stock tire. So i had to come up with something. Took two tops from the testors spray cans. With a little cuting and some dremel work, and as you can see, something that looks like a stick.

001-56.jpg

002-57.jpg

004-57.jpg

005-50.jpg

007-42.jpg

006-45.jpg

Nice idea and execution for the slick Derrick, I think the wiring harness is just a tad outta scale though. Anyway it goes its a bang up job! :rolleyes:

Looks can be deceiveing, i've have build a lot of 1/12 bikes and make the wiring harness for them. Some time the pictures make things look BIGER! Thanks for looking in bro.