Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project 324" 379 Pete

Dispite the fact that I personaly don't like the painted fuel tanks and breathers, your Peterbilt is coming ery nice!!!

The color is amazing and the frame is as long as it should be for a nice custom large car.

Keep the good work coming!! I am watching this build.

Kostas.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I've been away from this build for a couple of weeks tring to get stuff done around the house but now its model time :) . Eric sent me some really cool fenders and now I'm needing to mount them. I got the FR2 fenders( they look like camel humps)like the ones I've been seeing alot lately on custom trucks around here. I'm looking for creative ways to mount them on my truck; does anyone have any cool ideas they'd like to share? I want them as smooth as possible but solid because I have a little girl who likes to look with her fingers B) Any ideas would be awesome!

Okay I've been away from this build for a couple of weeks tring to get stuff done around the house but now its model time :D . Eric sent me some really cool fenders and now I'm needing to mount them. I got the FR2 fenders( they look like camel humps)like the ones I've been seeing alot lately on custom trucks around here. I'm looking for creative ways to mount them on my truck; does anyone have any cool ideas they'd like to share? I want them as smooth as possible but solid because I have a little girl who likes to look with her fingers ;) Any ideas would be awesome!

Josh, I don't know if this will be any help or not, but here is how I'm mounting my RF1 fenders from Eric to my Ford LTL9000 project.

HPIM3007.jpg

I took a small piece of aluminum tubing and drilled a hole into the frame rail, then super glued the tubing into the hole. Then I took a little larger diameter piece of tubing, just large enough for the tubing glued to the frame to slide into. The next step is going to be to super glue the larger tube to the inside of the fender, and that will not only mount the fender, but allow for removal of them as well. I would also suggest since you are using the RF2 double humps, make sure you mock everything up before you mount them to see where your mounts will be on the frame. Here's how this idea turned out for mine.

HPIM3010.jpg

One other suggestion, and something I haven't done yet on mine, you may want to grind a small channel just deep enough for the outer tubing to sit in on the inside of the fender, but not deep enough to go through the fender. That will lower the fender to the wheels if they are sitting a little high like mine are. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay finally got some model time in this week and got some pictures for ya all. did the interior with lots of leather color for that texas feel. painted the fenders and made the mounts for them now just waiting to get the wheels on so I can finish100_0744.jpg100_0743.jpg100_0740.jpg100_0739.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys! so i'm almost done fabing in the 460 Cummins, but now I need to paint it. All the pictures I'm coming up with show the whole engine black except the valve cover being red, Is this right?

Yes,the N-14 460hp would be what Cummins classifies as Bluke.It is black but with a hint of blue in it,and any "N-14 Celect Plus engine"over 450 hp would have cast aluminium valve covers that are painted red.Any engines below 450hp would have stamped steel valve covers,that are painted black.

thanks guys! I've been really busy again and havent got alot of model time but I have striped all the factory chrome and I'm going to try clading it soon. I also got the Cummins installed and most of the hoses and intakes modified to work. this seems like the slowest part doing all the small details but its paying off. I'll try to post some pic today of the progress

• 2 weeks later...