Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where are we headed?

one question. What does this have to do with model building????? I just wasted a half hour of my life reading this thread..Thanks for nothing

You read the entire thread and never realized it was not going to turn to model cars? Wow.

We as Americans need to get over our phobia of diesel engines. Diesel, produced from synthetic sources, burns very cleanly and is about as efficient as crude oil diesel.

Charlie Larkin

actually theres people out there doing that already! you ever hear of people taking the used frying oil from places like kfc and etc...? what they do is take that and with a little work they were able to make fuel for there diesel powered cars/trucks(i say that hince vw jettas as a car is a diesel options whith it!) for as of just 2-3 years ago some people just did some basic math to figure out what they where paying and it came out to be about 75 cents (usd dollar) a gallon compared to almost 4 dollars a gallon just down the road today! if i can find the tv show there was one on the show trucks tv when stacey david was hosting (now hosted by morons ... even though im following project super dually!) but stacey actually did a show on renewable energy and he made some home made diesel and it burns cleaner and produces more power (which we all love) and lower cg's!

and gotta question for the so called "experts"... what about our classic antique cars? what are they going to run on?...we converted them to run on unleaded fuel (even though why do we call it unleaded when lead was banned ages ago?)... now what do we need to convert them to now!?

but hey thats my 2 cents! my vote dont count anymore so who knows where america will go from here.

but i will say i love america for where we are now and where we came from and i love my guns and if you try to change it then your going to have to come through me!!! that should be all of our attitudes!

Edited by bandit1

actually theres people out there doing that already! you ever hear of people taking the used frying oil from places like kfc and etc...? what they do is take that and with a little work they were able to make fuel for there diesel powered cars/trucks(i say that hince vw jettas as a car is a diesel options whith it!) for as of just 2-3 years ago some people just did some basic math to figure out what they where paying and it came out to be about 75 cents (usd dollar) a gallon compared to almost 4 dollars a gallon just down the road today! if i can find the tv show there was one on the show trucks tv when stacey david was hosting (now hosted by morons ... even though im following project super dually!) but stacey actually did a show on renewable energy and he made some home made diesel and it burns cleaner and produces more power (which we all love) and lower cg's!

and gotta question for the so called "experts"... what about our classic antique cars? what are they going to run on?...we converted them to run on unleaded fuel (even though why do we call it unleaded when lead was banned ages ago?)... now what do we need to convert them to now!?

but hey thats my 2 cents! my vote dont count anymore so who knows where america will go from here.

but i will say i love america for where we are now and where we came from and i love my guns and if you try to change it then your going to have to come through me!!! that should be all of our attitudes!

When the health patrol gets done with us you will not be able to get the cooking oil.Cooking oil is bad for you so we are told.HA,HA!

Edited by James Flowers

one question. What does this have to do with model building????? I just wasted a half hour of my life reading this thread..Thanks for nothing

Model cars are made with plastic.

Plastic is formulated from oil.

Oil is the basis for much of what we enjoy!

Consider:

You cannot make a plastic model kit out of solar.

You cannot make a plastic model kit out of wind.

You cannot make a plastic model kit out of anything GREEN! (unless it is a soy bean... an then MAYBE.)

The wasted part is that you contributed little to this thread, but I love your handle! :)

Model cars are made with plastic.

Plastic is formulated from oil.

Oil is the basis for much of what we enjoy!

Thanks, Jairus.

You and a few others definitely got the point I was trying to make. The inane comments made by some, we'll just forget about!

Tony