Model Cars Magazine Forum

vote best car (chase) movie ever// the most fun

Bullitt has a terrific chase scene. probably the best on film.

and I'm biased,too. As there is a "Bullitt" Mustang GT sitting out in my garage.

However, there are several great chase scenes out there.

To Live And Die in L.A. comes to mind.

after the two detectives kidnap the guy from the train station and then get chased by the Fed's

is pretty awesome.

Ronin has another great chase.

gone in 60 seconds the original H.B. 'Toby' Halicki movie is

a real classic. as is the sequel,

The Junkman.

Three of my favorites, Bullitt. The French Connection and The Seven Ups all have one great thing in common. Actor, stunt coordinator, and stunt man Bill Hickman.

The Seven Ups was his last acting role. Man could that guy drive !!!

The French Connection and to Live and Die in LA have the same director as well.

Ronin is right up there too and I like the chase scences in the recent Bourne Trilogy.

It's been so lomg since I've seen the original Gone in 60 Seconds I ordered it from Netflix to watch it again this weekend.

Steve

Death Proof

Incredible car chase, great soundtrack AND a lap dance. Who could ask for more?

you know, i tried watching that movie but i couldnt make it past the first 5 minutes, the dialouge was exactly what what we could expect from kwinton tarantula so i should have know better then to rent one of his movies

as for the origenal question, what about the entire movie "highwaymen"

bad guy drives a modified 73 caddy (with one headlight out)

good guy drives a 68 hemi barracuda

I think "Bullitt" started it all but "The French Connection" upped them a notch because driver and passenger were nearly wetting their pants vs. McQueen's ultra cool. "Ronin" has a killer car chase, and both versions of "The Italian Job" are a joy to behold. And, though everyone has gotten too jaded by now, there's a heck of a chase in a zillion movies since them, notably in "Wanted," which is pretty over-the-top. Love Angelina Jolie lying on the hood sticking her legs through the windshield with her automatic weapons blazing.

Edited by sjordan2

i never made it past the nova scene

the while dialogue just did it for me, i dont care how great a movie it is, im not opening my mind up to that

same thing with aqua teen hunger force, im pretty sure i have seen every episode and i think i should even have the DVDs laying round here somewhere

so when they did a full lenght movie i ran out and rented it

about 3 minutes into it i got rid of it because of the language

if language bothers you as an adult, you can dismiss most any movie that has a car chase in it.

i don't know that Death Proof was any more gory or dark than say Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry either which has a suprisingly nasty shoot out with some cops in the beginning. alot of people don't realize that the ending of Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry was shown before the beginning of every episode of the Fall Guy.

thats not what he meant, the dialogue in the movie stinks but it was done that wy on purpose