Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes Benz 230 G done

My first Revell of Germany kit. Not a bad kit overall, but the suspension was kind of a nightmare. I couldn't figure out where some of the parts went, so they are now in the parts box, LOL. The front was ok, but not the rear.

The front wheels are also steerable. This kit has options for a street vehicle or also a Fire Brigade car. I built it as a street car, but I do have an idea for the fire brigade parts...

I scratchbuilt the seat backs. The kit didn't include them but they were simple enough to make.

If I were to build this kit again, I would DEFINITLY modify the mirrors. I completed it Saturday night, and I've already had to glue both of them back togther twice. I would remove the kit based mounting point and replace it with metal. I also BMFd the mirror faces.

The black trim on the body is Sharpie.

2006May16th011-vi.jpg

2006May16th013-vi.jpg

2006May16th014-vi.jpg

Sorry this picture is not as good quality. I forgot to take it when I was outside, with sunlight, and this is just camera flash in my room light.

2006May16th-vi.jpg

Billy, that looks good!

I bought the kit awhile back myself. If anyone knows how I build you'd know what I had in mind. Anyway, When I got to my wheel and tire combo, suspension, that's when the project stalled. I'll get back to it again as you don't see many of the 230G's built. Mine will be pimped.

Chris