Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bobby Allison`s 1975 Matador

John Teresi

Guest Johnny

OK... Gonna put my foot in my mouth.

Your work is amazing John... so by no means a criticism.... but isn't the Matador 1/25 scale and the Revell Nascars 1/24? Can't help thinking those tires look a little big for the body.

Maybe the AMT 1/25 scale Nascar wheels and tires would work better? Or maybe those are the Matador wheels and tires and the camera makes them look bigger?

Or maybe..... I'll just shut up and watch the progress....

Tony

Actually the AMT 1/25 tires would look too small!

That dash looks like real! Great job with it so far, can't wait to see more. Wheels and tires are looking really autentic also, this is one must have kit, as a little AMC and NASCAR fan... Keep it going, I'm watching this project! ;)

Hello........I started on the rear suspension.........modified rear axle scratch built pulleys and wheel hubs....... hooked-up brake lines........rear end almost finished ......also started on the front suspension .......also modified......scartch built rear wheel- well enforcement`s .........modified fuel tank ......scarth built fuel tank bracket........I will finsh up the front suspension tomorrow........thank`s for looking.

DSCF8928.jpg

DSCF8936.jpg

DSCF8920.jpg

DSCF8924.jpg

DSCF8923.jpg

DSCF8934.jpg

DSCF8930.jpg

DSCF8942.jpg

DSCF8932.jpg

DSCF8940.jpg

Hello......front suspension is done........scratch built shock`s. and hub`s......brake lines hooked -up........scratch built oil tank and hooked-up......modified radiator and fan......almost ready to start on the engine.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8949.jpg

DSCF8944.jpg

DSCF8946.jpg

DSCF8951.jpg

DSCF8963.jpg

DSCF8958.jpg

DSCF8955.jpg

DSCF8962.jpg

DSCF8967.jpg

DSCF8969.jpg

John, really coming out nice. Like the way the wheel flares came out. What size (thickness) is the plastic used on the flares?

And by the way I agree, sometimes You have to build for Yourself.

Mike....... sorry that I don`t know the size thickness of the styrene I used for the flares......I threw away the package it came in......but,it is the same thickens of the body itself.......thank`s.

thank`s "All" for the kind comment`s.

Hello.......finished up my seat with a "Pro Tech" 5 point seat belt harness.......and installed in the chassis.......dash board installed.......rest of the roll cage installed.......worked a little more around the furel tank area......I need to make a few more details for the cock pit area......and I will work on the engine today.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8972.jpg

DSCF8971.jpg

DSCF8989.jpg

DSCF8983.jpg

DSCF8977.jpg

DSCF8984.jpg

DSCF8979.jpg

DSCF8992.jpg

DSCF8987.jpg

Hello......engine is mostly built and installed into the chassis.......alot of parts were missing to the engine so I scratch built a few parts...... wired and plumbed with "Pro Tech" parts......trans. linkage is scratch built.......drive- shaft and scratch built cover installed.......headers painted alclad and weathered with Tamiya clear red, blue and yellow.......I will finish up the top half of the engine plumbing tomorrow.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8994.jpg

DSCF8995.jpg

DSCF8999.jpg

DSCF8997.jpg

DSCF9015.jpg

DSCF9013.jpg

DSCF9002.jpg

DSCF9005.jpg

DSCF9008.jpg

DSCF9007.jpg