Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan Skyline

crazyjim

Dave - I was trying to lighten things up. Gregg always says it's about me, me, me. I just meant it as a joke.

I have no problem accepting criticism, good and bad. Building models is my hobby. If I'm not having fun building, then I'll quit. Issues with my painting was brought to my attention at JaxCon and suggestions for improving were discussed. I didn't go home all upset. I went home and changed my technique(s). I'm not, by far, a "master builder", but I'm more than willing to try and learn.

No sweat over here, George. I appreciate your support.

haha, that is a good side. lols.

well, i have an R32 that needs a new engine. one it has was already built and unpainted.. <_< so ill still have an extral one..maybe a cuda! :lol:

Edited by LAone

only problem i see here is the "wrong side Drive" statement.

I don't see a problem with my statement. Maybe it would have been more politically correct to say the steering is on the incorrect side, but that would depend on where one lives. I live in the USA and the steering wheels are on the left side.

I don't see a problem with my statement. Maybe it would have been more politically correct to say the steering is on the incorrect side, but that would depend on where one lives. I live in the USA and the steering wheels are on the left side.

Since the Skyline was never offered for sale in US, there is nothing incorrect about the steering because the real car has right hand steering, and since this is a model of the Skyline, it would be correct. The way I see it, political correctness or where one lives has nothing to do with it.

haha im pretty sure it would happn. but first i need a cuda kit.. :lol: or how about a rat rod??

Now THAT would be a twist. I think it'd look cool, but you'll probably get heat from the purists. A Nissan powered rat rod, how cool, it certainly would be different!:D<_<;)

Overall, it looks very nice Jim, but I sorry, I don't care for the engine choice. Skyline enthusiasts everywhere would cry seeing such a disgrace under the hood, I know I am! <_<

:lol: Well, I have a 2008 Skyline (Infiniti G37 Coupe) in my garage and there is talk of Nissan putting 4 banger Mercedes engines in them! I'd rather this. :D

now THAT would be a disgrace

i'd sooner put a 1.8T in there then a nissan engine

emm, i dont get it. jim and i traded engines. i got his RB and im sending him a chev engine. i need the RB for my R32. im not swaping out the engine on the R32.

All righty then. We have 1 person with a smile. How about the rest of you? It doesn't take much and you'll feel better too! Try it. You'll like it. :unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just as a reminder - it's Friday and almost time for the pool, pizza, popcorn, and WWE Friday Night Smackdown. Goodnight until tomorrow.

nooooo problem jim. it's all about creativity! and im always up for that. :unsure:

oh, and there is one thing everyone ignored. your user name is crazyjim. i think the crazy part would have been more than enough reason for this.. :lol:

have fun on this wonderful friday. :lol:

Jim, while the SBC into a Skyline is beyond me (not comprehending, just in 1:1 doing), I think you did a killer job of pulling off a 'what-if' scenario. I like the color, and the overall look of the car. You have been beaten up pretty bad on the heater hose thing already and I can see how it would happen as you don't usually build RHD cars. Overall, a good build.

George53........nevermind. I removed what I had stated as all it would do is get me banned.

Edited by whale392