Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone know what the correct axles are for an 81/82 GMC Sierra Grande 2500 (4x4)? I'm working on a Fall Guy Truck and I'm redoing the suspension. The kit looks to have some Dana 60's and if they are correct I'm going to use some better looking ones. But I'd rather try to get the right axles.

Thanks,

Chris

TV trucks according to a article in one of the magazines during the run of the series, they were 1/2 tons, and had Dana 44 front axel GM 12 bolt rear, but for a 3/4 ton it would have been Dana 44 front and 14 bolt rear, possibly Dana 60 rear.

Nick

The correct axle would the the 8.5 GM corporate 10 bolt up front (Dana 44 was the HD option after 1977, std axle pre-'77) and the 9.5 GM semi float 14 bolt in the rear ('81 and later). The HD option would have been the the 10.5 GM 14 bolt full floater or a Dana 70 full float. The Dana 70 was mainly used on duallies w/pickup bed and tow truck chassis.

Thanks for the information guys. I found a Dana 44 but are the 10-bolt and 14-bolt axles available in scale? And if so, where can I find them?

Thanks.

I would just stick with the front axle that's already in the Fakk Guy kit, the Dana 44 and frtont axle version of the 10 bolt are fairly close in appearance, with only a slight difference in the cover shape and the tie rod. Everyhting else directly interchanges. For the 14 bolt, the closest I've seen in scale is the rear axle from the old Monogram Chevy and GMC 4x4s from the '70s. It's not 100% accurate, but the basic shape is there.

• 1 month later...