Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2010 Mustang GT Coupe

Gregg

Here is the web page for the photo review of the new Revell 2010 Mustang GT Coupe:

Revell 2010 Mustang GT

As stated before, the new format for online links will be modelcarsmag.com, then the slash /, and then R for Revell, and the last four of the kit number, here it's 4272

So, the link would be www.modelcarsmag.com/R4272

I hope to get this up for all the new kits, but it's going to take a while.

Thoughts, opinions, and of course, donations are always welcome.

Here is the web page for the photo review of the new Revell 2010 Mustang GT Coupe:

Revell 2010 Mustang GT

As stated before, the new format for online links will be modelcarsmag.com, then the slash /, and then R for Revell, and the last four of the kit number, here it's 4272

So, the link would be www.modelcarsmag.com/R4272

I hope to get this up for all the new kits, but it's going to take a while.

Thoughts, opinions, and of course, donations are always welcome.

Great stuff. The only suggestion I would have would be to add the instructions.

I like it too, but the one and only improvement would be to make it a 2011-12 model with the new Coyote 5.0!!! :lol:;)

If Revell doesn't make a Boss 302 variant from it...shame on them! :D And I would suggest they make it available as a 2-in-1 in street and Laguna Seca versions in the same box B)

In the meantime, Maisto is doing a 2012 Boss 302...so there's a source for wheels whenever it comes out.

I've got a couple of these kits, so far pretty impressive, definitely improvements over the '05-'09 kits.

I picked one of these kits last week and it is really nice,thinking Vista blue for the color and i agree that revell can do 4-5 different versions with this kit hopefully the 2010'Camaro SS kit will spawn some variants as well like the 2012 ZL1 and a pace car as well.

Great stuff. The only suggestion I would have would be to add the instructions.

Interesting to note that Revell has a full itemized (by part number) list of all the parts. Wonder if they'll ever do a parts layout of the trees w/corresponding numbers? That's very helpful on the kits that have it (generally Japanese, but the Trumpeter Falcons have it too).

Got mine the other day, I like it, not much in the way of mold lines, appears very nice clean work, front fascia will require what to me will be a little tricky masking, but hey it can't all be easy! Doing my first in white, promised a friend to do that, then probably a Grabber Blue like the box art.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today, and I'm very happy with it. It still has the blocky truck tires from the '06 kit and its spinoffs, and judging from the box art model still suffers from a somewhat airy ride height. Nothing impossible to work around.

Also appears Revell is using that same plastic Round 2 is using... the glossy stuff with the pungent odor! B)

Just got mine today, and I'm very happy with it. It still has the blocky truck tires from the '06 kit and its spinoffs, and judging from the box art model still suffers from a somewhat airy ride height. Nothing impossible to work around.

The tires are new, and soft. Yes, tall and blocky, but put them side-by-side w/the '06 tires and you'll easily see the difference (tread detail especially). Better...but still not "right" :rolleyes:

The wheels scale out properly to 19's, but the extra-tall sidewalls make them look clunky and the ride height issue to be more noticeable.

It is a nice kit, I plan to get very familiar w/it this weekend.

The tires are new, and soft. Yes, tall and blocky, but put them side-by-side w/the '06 tires and you'll easily see the difference (tread detail especially). Better...but still not "right" :lol:

The wheels scale out properly to 19's, but the extra-tall sidewalls make them look clunky and the ride height issue to be more noticeable.

Yep- compared against an '08 Bullitt in my stash. Different, still tall and blocky. :rolleyes: Thankfully though, I have no plans to use the kit supplied rolling stock on this puppy! :rolleyes:

As long as the revues are fair , fine . I just have a problem with these so - called revuers as too any of them whine about too many things like a re- release of a very old tool say , a 65 Whammo V-8 with a molded chassis plate . Hey kid , if yer so dang smart , go to college, get an Engineering degree, be great wih Calculis , and Logarithims and stop this senseless whining !!!! Ed Shaver

Ed's complaining about young kids who do "revues" of kits and complain about re-releases of earlier kits.

I think he meant reviews.

I think he meant reviewers.

He then suggests the young kid reviewers go to college, get engineering degrees, excel in calculus and logarithms, and quit whining. I think.

Hey, it's just Ed.

:lol:

The tires are new, and soft. Yes, tall and blocky, but put them side-by-side w/the '06 tires and you'll easily see the difference (tread detail especially). Better...but still not "right" :lol:

what would you suggest for a proper height tire?

what would you suggest for a proper height tire?

It's not really the height that's that bad (I don't have a 1:1 to measure), they could be slightly shorter but the sidewall is too squared off, too much material from bead on up. A cross-section of a real Mustang tire isn't anything like the kit tire..I have diecast models that have far more accurate looking tires. That's what bugs me the most...cheap diecast models w/ much better looking (generic) tires than (more expensive, supposedly-made-for-picky adult builders) kits.:lol:

Amen...it's like they are trying to make the tires look bad...it's not like kits in the 60s had innaccurate looking tires! What happened?

The only explanation I ever got was one that I just can't wrap my head around, something about not looking anything like anyone's tires. Okay, they succeeded :lol: With an attitude like that, I wouldn't be surprised if someday model car kits come without any tires at all...the builder left on their own to find or make tires.

That doesn't explain why other companies, especially companies making cheaper, almost toy-like diecast models, have better generic tires.

When prepping parts for paint over the weekend, I was looking at photos of a 2010 GT just like I'm going to build, including an E-bay closeup of a wheel/tire, and it really was disheartening to see how far off the tire is compared to a real one (and crazy enough, they are an improvement over the clompers that were in the '05-'09 kits). The wheel looks fine (assuming a refinish from chrome)...tires, not so much. Oh well, thank goodness for parts boxes and cheap tire sets at shows :o

Hopefully the tires end up my only real complaint w/the kit. The rest of it all looks pretty nice.